heat record

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutch

RRR Supportor
today 39.3 `c in my country... hottest ever recorded. last record was 38.6`c in 1944. Tomorrow these temps will be old records probably :eek:
We had a crazy dry and hot summer last year and nowhere near enough rain last winter and now it repeats. 200 mm of rain short to get the groundwater levels to normal... thats 200 liters per square meter (5.5 gallons per square foot ...I think [S
2-300yr old oaks and beech around my house are suffering bad :(

We are having a wet and cool summer. It finally broke 30 yesterday but I don't think we'll get much for that kind of heat this year. It has been raining every day. Everything is lush and green but it's just too much moisture.

Average to below average weather here... high 20's, low 30's... dry as a popcorn fart.

July is typically our hottest month. Record high... 44° C (111° F) July 5 1937.

My wife and I, in our infinite wisdom, chose to get married in July, 30 years ago. It was 39° that day, humidex through the roof... I'm sweating just thinking about it...

Hot and dry always reminds of this Steve Earle tune...

Songs that don't suck

Stay cool, dutch!

Hot and wet around here - record setting I think on both accounts. Most crops went in 2 to 3 weeks late if at all. I'm still cutting grass every 3 or 4 days as if it's May! I've spent more on gas for the lawn mowers then I have on gas for my car.

Welcome to summer! Been in the high 90’sF here the last three weeks, got a break this week, a rare cold front! Highs only in the mid 80’s with low humidity. We have had a fairly wet summer, did have the month of June without much rain, but it’s made up for it since.

Temps starting to go back up tomorrow though, as well as more humidity building up. I’m ready for fall, these high temps kill me anymore.

Was raining every 3 days but it's finally eased up and was hot but now a cool spell has come through high mid 80's

Been hot in Tejas too. This time of year it's over 100 for long stretches! I've only been getting 2-3 hrs a day in the shop but it cooled off today & I got a good 4 hrs! Lately the 'feels like' temp has been between 105-109... talkin' about sweating! :eek:

BoB

today 39.3 `c in my country... hottest ever recorded. last record was 38.6`c in 1944. Tomorrow these temps will be old records probably :eek:
We had a crazy dry and hot summer last year and nowhere near enough rain last winter and now it repeats. 200 mm of rain short to get the groundwater levels to normal... thats 200 liters per square meter (5.5 gallons per square foot ...I think [S
2-300yr old oaks and beech around my house are suffering bad :(

Hang in there Dutch. Hope you get the needed rain soon.

last night I was in the garden when suddenly there was a big noise and a huge branch ( like 15" diam.) dropped from an old oak... thats how dry :eek: No shade seeking under an oak for me.... :rolleyes:

last night I was in the garden when suddenly there was a big noise and a huge branch ( like 15" diam.) dropped from an old oak... thats how dry :eek: No shade seeking under an oak for me.... :rolleyes:

Wow that's crazy, some really strange weather patterns all over the world, we are in out third summer of drought as well. The tops of most elm trees never even leafed out this summer.

new record... 40.4`c a few miles south of me... at my kitchenwindow now:
I wonder if this is even legal :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMGP2799.jpg
    IMGP2799.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 18
This heat (although we're having perfect weather) is Tripper's fault. His cattle are passing gas.

Nice patina on the thermometer, what year would it be?:D and that is way to hot for this old fat guy.

haha yea its a classic, and it very accurate too! :D
temps topped at 40.7 today... not so sure about hating winter anymore [S:p

I could never live in a climate where this is considered normal

This heat (although we're having perfect weather) is Tripper's fault. His cattle are passing gas.

Can I also blame the rainy weather we've been getting on Tripper's cow farts? I can certainly blame the gusting winds today on his cattle breaking wind. :rolleyes:

Yep... it's all my fault but I ain't givin' up my hamburgers haha! I always wondered about that because I've never heard a cow fart... appears they emit methane from their burps instead! :eek:[ddd

BoB

Latest posts

Back