Dr Crankinstien

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doc and I had some good exchanges, too. He's a good guy, I really hope we can get some update.

I am about 7.5 hours away, so definitely not closer than Dozer.

I suspect that a good many of us in here have had the same experience with Doc. snopro.
As bob said there is a limited amount that can be done for heart failure. Having said that....
My mother had a pacemaker Implanted to help with hers as did I.
And I’ve known of people that lived many years after getting that sort of diagnosis.
I’m trying to stay in the “ no news is good news” camp on the Doc.
My girls were one of the first generation to grow up with the internet. I could never understand how they considered people they had never met as friends.
I do now......😔
Torchie

Last edited:
Doc sent me a series of emails in which he wrote about his days in drag racing. Specifically about being a crew member on a funny car. I would like to move that text here for all of you to enjoy. He's a darn good writer and it's a memorable story. Just don't have the tech savvy to do it.(help)

I've posted the first part of the story that Bob sent me on a separate thread: Dr Crankenstein's Drag Racing Adventures

Update :
Brad, thanks for checking in. I know Glenn Miller called a week or so ago and Kim has not called him back yet(what an azzhole-lol). Anyway, he’s doing okay and still gets tired easy, etc. It’s a whole new lifestyle to adjust to living with congestive heart failure but he’s taken everything in stride and realizes life will not likely be the same. He’s done pretty well considering he quit smoking and drinking pretty much cold turkey - not sure I could do that. I know he appreciates all the messages and good wishes. He just doesn’t spend the time online like he used to. So “steady as she goes” - Just take it day-by-day. I’ll let Kim know to check in with his online friends and hope you can pass this along to anyone who might want to know. Feel free to message me if he’s not online or you want to check in again.

From Drs. wife.....

Update :
Brad, thanks for checking in. I know Glenn Miller called a week or so ago and Kim has not called him back yet(what an azzhole-lol). Anyway, he’s doing okay and still gets tired easy, etc. It’s a whole new lifestyle to adjust to living with congestive heart failure but he’s taken everything in stride and realizes life will not likely be the same. He’s done pretty well considering he quit smoking and drinking pretty much cold turkey - not sure I could do that. I know he appreciates all the messages and good wishes. He just doesn’t spend the time online like he used to. So “steady as she goes” - Just take it day-by-day. I’ll let Kim know to check in with his online friends and hope you can pass this along to anyone who might want to know. Feel free to message me if he’s not online or you want to check in again.

From Drs. wife.....

Great news! Thanks for sharing!

Latest posts

Back