Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Please Introduce Yourself!

Please Introduce Yourself! Let us know a little about yourself, what you're up to & how you found us? We like to know who we're talking to!

Old 04-15-2014, 07:49 PM

Default Hello from WI

Hey there. Just wanted to say hi. I love the site so far and I am getting some great ideas. I am thinking about starting a rat rod this summer and came here to gather as much info as possible. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get started feel free to let me know. Hope to talk/ meet some of you I'm the future.

Rick
Old 04-15-2014, 07:56 PM
He started out with nothing, he still has most of it!

Send a message via Yahoo to Yankee Transplant

Welcome from lower Alabama ... I guess the first thing you will need to do is locate you a car or truck that you like .. then it will all come in place a piece at a time ... These are some good folks on here . Im still kinda new my self , and they are very helpful with (any) problems or questions I have .. And I dont think for one minute anyone here would guide you in the wrong direction
Kelly
Old 04-15-2014, 08:01 PM
He started out with nothing, he still has most of it!

Send a message via Yahoo to Yankee Transplant

If your not sure what kind of ride you want ,,I pull up rat rod videos and car shows .. till I see kinda what I want ,, then the fun begins .. (The Hunt ) it took me almost 2 years to find a late 40s truck cab. Just keep looking and asking . And some one will say they know where one is .. good luck ..
Old 04-15-2014, 08:13 PM

Thanks. I am finding that trucks seem to be the most popular but not sure if that is the way I want to go yet. I have a budget and a list of ideas that I want to do. I am sure I will find something. In the mean time I will just keep looking and researching.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:58 PM
Got Fins?

Welcome to RRR! Poke around the build section and find a look you like or just for inspiration!
1st start up on propane
1st real drive
Old 04-15-2014, 09:59 PM
Brother Rat

Welcome to RRR!

What's your skill level? Do you weld? Are you wanting to do a frame up build?
Old 04-15-2014, 10:19 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Welcome to the site
Old 04-15-2014, 10:24 PM
''SARCASM: just one of his many talents.''

Default welcome

howdy.

yep, we need more info on your'e skill set and what are the parts you can realistically do or handle at home and what you have to farm out, budget and time frame.

l have some builds that are still underway and one that's been under construction for 25 years and may not be done for another 1O.

Later

1928 maxwell hybrid build/drag car
http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37455

1948 dodge truck in deceased son's memory.
http://www.ratrodsrule.com/forum/sho...odge+truck+son

1930 2dr mopar.
http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthr...ht=30+mopar+dr

Last edited by skull; 04-16-2014 at 12:10 AM.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:30 PM
Builder Junky!

Hi Arod, and welcome to RRR from northern Alberta.
Don't grab a truck to do, just because there are a lot done on this forum, get something that you like. There might be times in your build that you will just be plodding along in, and it helps if you like your project. Remember, you're doing this for you. When you've done your homework and found out what you want, will you post some pictures? Do you like the '20's, '30's, '40's, '50's or 60's?
Keep on tinkering.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:17 AM

Thanks for the info guys. Not sure what you would classify my skill level as. i can weld pretty good and fabricate almost anything with metal. I like to tinker and work with things that normally would not go together and make it work. I have more time and patanice than I have money. That is one of the reasons I think a Rat Rod would be right up my ally. I thought of doing a "show car" but I would much rather build then polish if you know what i mean. No real time frame as I am looking forward to building it and making it my own. My budget is about 5 to 7k right now to get started. I don't want to build one from the frame up for my 1st one. I was thinking of looking into getting a roller to start or maybe even something that starts, runs and stops and then making it my own. I am pretty much open to anything at this point. I will keep my eyes open on the forum and see what i can learn. Thanks again. Rick