Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ran the VIN on the S-10.
It's a 99. 4.3 LS trim level.
On to the tail lights. PS first.
Once I fill in all the sheet metal these will get round rod on the edge.
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 2-9.jpg
    2-9.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 2-11.jpg
    2-11.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 2-16.jpg
    2-16.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 2-12.jpg
    2-12.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 2-13.jpg
    2-13.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 2-14.jpg
    2-14.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 2-17.jpg
    2-17.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 26
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 26
Thanks all.
I'm happy with the way the first one turned out.:D
These buckets and tail lights are a heirloom gift that I have been planning on using for this build.
There are many custom Mercurys out there but you don't seem to see many customs with the 49-50 Tail lights on them. So this makes it a little bit different as well.
I've done this type of tail lights before but always made my own buckets.(Used Bush's Baked bean cans once.) These buckets are no longer being made as far as I can tell.
I like the fact that you will be able to see the bling as this build really won't have a lot of chrome on it.
I'm waiting for the first person to ask me why I put different front sheet metal on a Mercury. :p [ddd
Keep on keeping on....
Torchie

Two things, Torchie. The blue tape you used around the taillight buckets said to me, that, that would be a very nice colour for the whole car.
And, I have a '46 Dodge coupe with no grille and I have a '47 Mercury sedan, so maybe I should put the Mercury front sheet metal on the Dodge. They are both 'greenish'.

Attachments

• IMG_1307.jpg
    IMG_1307.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1309.jpg
    IMG_1309.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1058.jpg
    IMG_1058.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 23
Two things, Torchie. The blue tape you used around the taillight buckets said to me, that, that would be a very nice colour for the whole car.
And, I have a '46 Dodge coupe with no grille and I have a '47 Mercury sedan, so maybe I should put the Mercury front sheet metal on the Dodge. They are both 'greenish'.

Glad you liked the blue tape, Mac.
About 30 more rolls and I could cover the whole car. A lot cheaper then paint.:eek: [ddd [cl :p
I'd take either one of those Mac. I would like to chop a sedan of that era so maybe send me the Merc first.[;) [;) [;)
The "Merc sheet metal" talk was based on a friend I used to have that claimed he could identify any year of a vintage car by it's tail lights. Some of the OG ones do have the dates stamped in them.
He never took into consideration that some makers didn't always change their tail lights every year. Those Merc lights are for 49-50 as far as I know. Chevy's were the same for 46-48.Or if the vehicle had been modified.
Plus we have all run into the person that no matter what vintage thing you are driving, modified or not, their _ _ _ _ _ had one just like it.:eek: [ddd
Anyways....
DS rear fender tacked on and cut out.
Bucket fitted but not tacked in Or trimmed.
After yesterday this was the best I could muster up.
Torchie

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 17
Torchie, to sweeten the deal I'll throw in the car right beside the '47 Merc sedan. It's a '48 Monarch, [a Canadian Merc] coupe. I dreamed of chopping the sedan and melding it with the coupe, chopped to make a short door Merc coupe, chopped.
Too bad that you live so far away from civilization, or we could make a deal.

Keep on tinkering.

Attachments

• IMG_1057.jpg
    IMG_1057.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 23
Torchie, to sweeten the deal I'll throw in the car right beside the '47 Merc sedan. It's a '48 Monarch, [a Canadian Merc] coupe. I dreamed of chopping the sedan and melding it with the coupe, chopped to make a short door Merc coupe, chopped.
Too bad that you live so far away from civilization, or we could make a deal.

Keep on tinkering.

That 48 Monarch looks really solid, Mac.
I'd just chop that one as is. Not a big fan of the short door coupes.(I prefer them stock height.:eek: :eek:) I've only seen a few short door coupes that looked good chopped. They are a real challenge.
You've got quite the stash there.:cool: :cool:
Torchie

Balance.:)
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 2-9.jpg
    2-9.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 2-7.jpg