Dr Crankinstien

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Glen, I got it. If you can't raise him or his wife by phone I wouldn't be able to either. This is not good. Were you able to leave a message?

I just remembered I have his email address. Sent an email to him minutes ago. Dearly hope he will/can respond.

I'm thinking Doc kept a lot of personal stuff and health stuff to himself. For a guy with a very active past he spent a lot of time on the computer entertaining us here at UDS. I wondered about that. Maybe a night owl, I thought. I do know that there is not much that can be done for heart failure. So the long term future is not bright. And, he could have been suffering from it for quite a while.

Doc sent me a series of emails in which he wrote about his days in drag racing. Specifically about being a crew member on a funny car. I would like to move that text here for all of you to enjoy. He's a darn good writer and it's a memorable story. Just don't have the tech savvy to do it.(help)

Like earthman said, maybe there's a lurker who lives close to him that will sign up, visit him and fill us in.

Dozer: 3 1/2 hours is quite a journey. Maybe not in western Canada terms. Tough to travel that far with the chance you will not learn anything.

Somewhat off the subject, I am updating the "manual" I have produced so my survivors will know where everything is, and how to run, and/or dispose of the household when I'm gone. In there is to notify UDS of my ill health or demise.

I'm 80 years old and a lot of my friends and relatives have reached the finish line. I have seen the turmoil this has left for the next of kin. Just trying to make it easier for them.

I'm thinking Doc kept a lot of personal stuff and health stuff to himself. For a guy with a very active past he spent a lot of time on the computer entertaining us here at UDS. I wondered about that. Maybe a night owl, I thought. I do know that there is not much that can be done for heart failure. So the long term future is not bright. And, he could have been suffering from it for quite a while.

Doc sent me a series of emails in which he wrote about his days in drag racing. Specifically about being a crew member on a funny car. I would like to move that text here for all of you to enjoy. He's a darn good writer and it's a memorable story. Just don't have the tech savvy to do it.(help)

Like earthman said, maybe there's a lurker who lives close to him that will sign up, visit him and fill us in.

Dozer: 3 1/2 hours is quite a journey. Maybe not in western Canada terms. Tough to travel that far with the chance you will not learn anything.

Somewhat off the subject, I am updating the "manual" I have produced so my survivors will know where everything is, and how to run, and/or dispose of the household when I'm gone. In there is to notify UDS of my ill health or demise.

I'm 80 years old and a lot of my friends and relatives have reached the finish line. I have seen the turmoil this has left for the next of kin. Just trying to make it easier for them.

Doc and I had some good exchanges, too. He's a good guy, I really hope we can get some update.

I am about 7.5 hours away, so definitely not closer than Dozer.

It's funny how you can feel so close to a bunch of guys you have never met. You pray for them when they are sick and really feel bad when things aren't going well for them. You guys have been very helpful to me and it is muchly appreciated.

I also have a manual....or instructions like that as well. I set for if I get sick, and another for if I die. My wife knows absolutley nothing about what gets paid, how much and when. Life insurance policys, retirement loot all that. Why not have a family touch base with your extended internet brothers to let them know your sick or have passed.

Be nice if Doc knew how much we are all thinking of him.

Stay Well fella's

Latest posts

Back