Anybody driven Hwy 1 in California?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flipper_1938

He recycles the right way
After hitting SpeedWeek I have the crazy notion to see the Redwood trees in California and then drive the coast going south. Anybody ever made that drive? Is it worth the effort/agony of adding that many more miles to the trip?

Been there top to bottom. south of Santa Monica it's just city and beach front but every thing north to and including Oregon and Washington to me is worth the drive. I've done it on bikes (blow up a 51 BMW and really had fun on 75 Kaw Z1), sports car, hot rod truck and even hitched it in my younger days. Just the drive is cool but don't time your self and stop and smell the sea salt.
IMHO do it [cl

Totally agree!

Been there top to bottom. south of Santa Monica it's just city and beach front but every thing north to and including Oregon and Washington to me is worth the drive. I've done it on bikes (blow up a 51 BMW and really had fun on 75 Kaw Z1), sports car, hot rod truck and even hitched it in my younger days. Just the drive is cool but don't time your self and stop and smell the sea salt.
IMHO do it [cl

Some breath-taking views and gorgeous coastline along the way. It is surely worth the effort, and yes, take your time to enjoy it, for there is a fresh look around every corner. [cl

Cool. I hope I can stand the extra miles...my daughter isn't old enough to share the driving. I have to do the whole 5500 miles or so.

I road it on a chopped 59 panhead when I was 19 in 1970
Had a ball. As been said don't just blow thru it, have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've done most of it. It's on the top 10 list if coolest roads I've traveled. Worth the drive, 5000 miles ain't nothing!:D

Only if you wanna see stuff like this!!! I remember the Redwoods being awesome as a child & they are just as awesome as an adult! Be sure to stop in the town where Alfred Hitchcock filmed the Birds... can't recall the name right now! And Napa's only about 50 miles to the east!

BoB

Attachments

• coast.jpg
    coast.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Back