Treed 4

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smallfoot

He's rockin' the "Nuttin Special"!
Got out of the 31, walked into the yard and Chief tore off around back. When I got there, momma bear and 3 cubs took the high ground.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 102_1313.jpg
    102_1313.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 102_1317.jpg
    102_1317.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 102_1319.jpg
    102_1319.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 60
  • 102_1328.jpg
    102_1328.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 102_1329.jpg
    102_1329.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 62
wow Small,,

that is kinda cool !!

what sort of human risk do they pose when they arent dog treed?

are they passing through ? or attracted by fruit trees

wow Small,,

that is kinda cool !!

Crate, generally speaking the human risk depends on the human. I live on what they call the "bear corridor"! It's the general area that bears move thru on the way to and from the breeding/birthing area less than 20 miles south of here. This female has had her cubs and is on her way back to her home ground. I understand they travel in from as far away as the Okeefenokee Swamp in Georgia. I've been lucky for over 30 years to be able to see and learn from the bears I've seen over the years. I've never had a problem from them. They seem to use my place as a resting place along the way and possibly a schooling stop over. There was an old momma bear that brought her cubs for years through here. I believe she brought them here to teach them about humans, fences, dogs, etc. They'd stay for a week or two and then be gone. The same bear returned year after year. I believe this one is of that same sow. 3 cubs is rare! The old gal always had 3 cubs. This one had 3 cubs also. I suspect she is 2nd or 3rd generation from the original I got to know. Even after being treed, this one and all 3 cubs stayed in the tree for about 2 hours, right in my back yard. I had Chief in the house and did not bother her but went about my regular routine. They're still here. Both my neighbors have enjoyed seeing them the last couple of days. I took 72 pix while she was here the other night. Most weren't very clear. Cloud cover and darkness creeping in kept my auto focus camera busy and some shots just failed to be clear. It was hard to get all four in the same pic at any time.

This shot was where they were coming down. Momma is on the ground and the 3 black spots you can see are all 3 cubs trying to hide on the backside of the tree and climb down too..it was funny!

attachment.php

Attachments

• 102_1359.jpg
    102_1359.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 22
Being north of the 49th parallel, it's weird seeing bears and palm trees to me :D So cool that you are able to co-exist with the bears an each do your own thing. Here in BC development is so rapid (rampant) that bear / human conflict is frequent and on the rise, people just don't get it that they were here first and are motivated by basic needs - food, traditional territory and shelter. So many get put down from habituating to feeding on human garbage - people are the problem, not the bears.
Thanks for posting the pics. [cl[P

wow Small,,

that is kinda cool !!

I was surprised when I learned that New Zealand doesn't have any native land mammals. Seeing photos of bears in someone's back yard must be so strange! Next time there's a moose in our yard I'll share some photos.

There's been black bears in the city of Stillwater but I have not seen any in my neighborhood.

Mama and her twins showed up tonight to eat some cracked corn I scattered 10 feet outside my window.

Attachments

• IMG_2958.jpg
    IMG_2958.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 16
My buddy Jr. called last night. "I just walked to your gate, you wanna see bears? There's a Jamboree going on up here". I lit out heading up there and when I opened the gate to my yard and stepped out, I was greeted by a young male, who saw me, did a 180 and headed back up by Junior. I kept heading that way and spotted Jr videoing something on his phone. Got there, Momma bear and the 3 cubs just playing around and foraging, another male bear just rolling around on the ground like he was scratching an itch, plus the one I turned around had gone by Jr. at 90mph. I saw one other larger bear in the distance that faded away when the momma finally started paying attention to us and she ran her cubs up aloft again. We just slipped off away from them. I didn't take my cam or my cell but Jr. took several vids...I'll see if there's a way for me to post them.

We have bears here in Bama, too, just not anywhere close to me. But my back acreage has plenty of wildlife, deer, Fox, squirrels, rabbits, chipmunks, possums, coons, and a couple of pesky coyotes that when I get a clear shot I am going to eliminate.

My buddy Jr. called last night. "I just walked to your gate, you wanna see bears? There's a Jamboree going on up here". I lit out heading up there and when I opened the gate to my yard and stepped out, I was greeted by a young male, who saw me, did a 180 and headed back up by Junior. I kept heading that way and spotted Jr videoing something on his phone. Got there, Momma bear and the 3 cubs just playing around and foraging, another male bear just rolling around on the ground like he was scratching an itch, plus the one I turned around had gone by Jr. at 90mph. I saw one other larger bear in the distance that faded away when the momma finally started paying attention to us and she ran her cubs up aloft again. We just slipped off away from them. I didn't take my cam or my cell but Jr. took several vids...I'll see if there's a way for me to post them.

thanks for your previous reply Small !!
it must be a very amazing sight just to stand and watch these guys doing their bear stuff... and very special to have generations return through your yard..
when the world gets it s**T together i will have to get over there for a look ...

Latest posts

Back