Out of the dark age? I think

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cycledog

A really rusty biker
I was at Cruzin' Falls 07 with my trusty 35mm camera. I only took one extra roll of film because I knew there was my favorite Camera and video store just around the corner from the park. So I used up my film went to the shop and ask for a couple of rolls of film. The guy looked at me blankly and said "We don't sell film any more you'll have to walk down to the drug store".:eek:

I knew it was comin' but I had dug my heels in, but that didn't change the world I guess. So I finally bit the bullet and got a digital SLR. A Pentax because the model I got is compatible with any Pentax lens ever made.(I just happen to have a bucket full). I will be spending the long weekend learning how to use this modern piece of equipment. The owners manual is very long and written by a computer geek,:eek: which I'm not.
If any of you have any experience with a digital SLR and want to pass on some advice please feel free to do so.

That was easier than I thought. Got it nailed. With my old lenses I have to run the camera in manual, no sweat. With the lens that came with the camera I can program it the way I want for different effects and conditions. I think I like the digital world. Heres a couple I played with. The hood ornament I photoshoped the other is "naked" so to speak.

Rambling a bit, but its the little things that make me happy:D

Attachments

• rustydodge.jpg
    rustydodge.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 17
  • oldsphotoshop.jpg
    oldsphotoshop.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Digital is good!

That was easier than I thought. Got it nailed. With my old lenses I have to run the camera in manual, no sweat. With the lens that came with the camera I can program it the way I want for different effects and conditions. I think I like the digital world. Heres a couple I played with. The hood ornament I photoshoped the other is "naked" so to speak.

Rambling a bit, but its the little things that make me happy:D

CD,
I've found if u r already used to usin' a 35mm, the switch 2 digital is very easy... just like shooting film. Getting good pictures from any camera helps when u understand how light meters work, a good eye & like most things... practice makes perfect!

BoB

Hehe, I got a call from a guy a few months ago, he was complaining that our phone system at work didn't work with his telephone. It required you to push ! for this, and push 2 for that. He has a dial phone, no buttons to push. :D

I didn't think they even had dial phones any more. (Hello Mabel, please connect me to Clara at 355 please :D )

Don

My Mother in law has a dial phone.......

I like digital cameras because if you don't get a good pic you can just delete it. No wasted film. Plus cold/hot temperatures aren't as much a concern anymore.

Guess the above is like record stores that don't sell records no more. (What's a record???):D

Latest posts

Back