sellers regret, got any?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I regret selling my 61 Ford unibody and i regret trading my 90 Bronco for a stupid 95 olds aurora. The Bronco was only a month ago, and i regret it everyday right now.

The 61 was about 8 yrs ago. Didnt know anything and the 223 straight 6 was building some pressure and blowing the oil cap off. Now i look back at it, and it wouldve already been done and restored by now.

:mad:1955 1st series chevy p/u, 30 ford p/u cab, 64 vw beetle, my Schwinn Stingray, my big wheel,... my hot wheels collection,.......................:(
don't miss my old t-bucket though or the 46 ford bussiness coupe, got an 87 vette probably won't miss it when its gone.
Strange how some cars effect us and others are just, well objects.

You mean something like this one? I have thought about selling it or
modifying it for years, but can’t bring myself to do either. Yet. ;)
As far as regrets, selling my ’59 Austin Healey with small block Chevy
is really the only one.:(

kctao2.jpg

28654536pu4.jpg

Yep, Thats my truck but red. I cant wait to get the chassis and get it back together.

Last edited:
:mad:1955 1st series chevy p/u, 30 ford p/u cab, 64 vw beetle, my Schwinn Stingray, my big wheel,... my hot wheels collection,.......................:(
don't miss my old t-bucket though or the 46 ford bussiness coupe, got an 87 vette probably won't miss it when its gone.
Strange how some cars effect us and others are just, well objects.

Ive still got my hot wheels collection, so im good on that part. :D

I have had all sorts and makes of cars over the years, like most here, but I think if I could have just one of them back it would have to be the 61 Pontiac Ventura I had. I can't put my finger on just what it was about that car, but thats the one I miss the most. And I can't even remember why I sold it.

This isn't the one I owned but it looks almost the same, I had mine sitting lower.

Attachments

• pontiac 61 3.jpg
    pontiac 61 3.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 12
40 Plymouth coupe, still kicking myself over that one.
36 Chev two door sedan, a guy offered more than I could refuse, he won!
23 fiberglass T roller. Same thing again, the money won. (But have since gotten a 23 T body to replace it.)

The rest, just cars that passed through. Sniper

Anyone sold a vehicle or project and REALLY regret it?
Here is mine:
I was GIVEN a complete 1924 Model TT a few years ago. It was a project and had not been run in about 20 years but it was about 95% complete. Right down to the cables and everything. Motor was not stuck and she rolled fine. Wood wheels where in great shape etc.
I wanted to build a rat rod so I removed all the sheet metal and sold the chassis:eek: I figured I didnt want to restore it so why would I keep what I wasn't using. It was the dumbest thing I ever did to let a restorable TT get parted out:mad:. Thank God I kept the body!!
Well I was at a show a few weeks ago and what is sitting in the swap area but a 1924 Model TT Chassis complete with a running drivetrain. I am real close to getting it and getting on common ground with the price.
If all goes well I will put the body on the new chassis and set it in the corner for a rainy day.
They say it takes a man to cut up a restored (or restorable) truck and Hot Rod it, but I dont believe it. My personal opinion of course.

Today is a great day!! I sent the guy with the chassis a deposit and agreed on a deal. He isnt too far away either. Only 140 miles. It looks like I can get this TT back together after all. I will get some pictures tomorrow and post them. They are on my work computer.:D

its not much but a 1978 T bird with T tops and a 400 big block i sold it to a (so called buddy) and he got it towed off and crushed and still owes me $ 950 for the car and a bunch of other money great frend

we still dont talk

Old Gold, I have seller's regret about your Packard too. I wanted to see how you would have finished it.

Latest posts

Back