RAT What?!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roddguy1

Hey, I just hit apon a rather interesting idea. To me anyway. I just answered a newbies post about having a more modern car (86 BMW) and his knowing in doesn't fit into the relm of being called a Rat Rod. So I'm thinking about this and it hits me. Being his car is from the more modern age of cars, but it's all he and many younger guys can get there hands on, why not start up a new sub sect of cars called....... are you ready for this..........

Rat Mods

I like it. :D

Hey, I just hit apon a rather interesting idea. To me anyway. I just answered a newbies post about having a more modern car (86 BMW) and his knowing in doesn't fit into the relm of being called a Rat Rod. So I'm thinking about this and it hits me. Being his car is from the more modern age of cars, but it's all he and many younger guys can get there hands on, why not start up a new sub sect of cars called....... are you ready for this..........

Rat Mods

I like it. :D

I just cannot open my arms up to folks primering a Bimmer or Neon and calling it a rat rod.........

I say we call it a TRADITIONAL ROD and introduce him the the fellows over at the H A M B !!!! I'm sure they will welcome that style with open arms!

I really do wish that there was sort of a classification for what a RAT ROD really is....I don't like it when someone takes a 1977 ford f100, paints it black, and calls it a rat rod...it is not...it is just a truck in primer!

I also read that other post and a rusty BMW will never be classified as a rat rod.

The above is an example of people trying to jump on the rat-rod band wagon with whatever type of car they have at their disposal! Remember the RICE BURNER days when everyone had APC decals, wings and coffe can exhausts?? made you sick seeing all that ...right???......Well now its the RAT ROD time!

My opinion of a rat rod is a vehicle that was assembled from numerous other vehicles as well as owner fabricated parts. SOmeone starts with just a body...they either get a frame from something else or build one themself, the engine from something else....ect...you guys know what I mean.

The first thing about a rat rod is it should be pre 1960, only a carburated engine (no turbo's, blowers, nitrous), minimally(sp?) equipped with only the barest of essential needed equipment to be road legal, bare/sparce interior, no high luster paint jobs--only either natural patina or primer...Just way to many "I GOT A ROD ROD" and its a modern car with nothing more than it being painted flat black with a rattle can!

If someone wants to build a RAT ROD..they need to have basic guidlines of what a rat rod is and should be like. I know many of you will say we don't need no stinking rules..I build what I want...and I agree 100000% with you. Build what you want but don't call an apple an orange either.

I hate to sound like one of those traditional guys over on that other site...but some one needs to put their foot down soon! I don't need to see any PT CRUISER RAT RODS in my neighborhood any time soon!

Just remember...at rat rod should be assembled from numerous other vehicles as well as owner fabricated parts. Not a bone stock 54 Chevy painted black!:mad:

My opinion of a rat rod is a vehicle that was assembled from numerous other vehicles as well as owner fabricated parts. SOmeone starts with just a body...they either get a frame from something else or build one themself, the engine from something else....ect...you guys know what I mean.

The first thing about a rat rod is it should be pre 1960, only a carburated engine (no turbo's, blowers, nitrous), minimally(sp?) equipped with only the barest of essential needed equipment to be road legal, bare/sparce interior, no high luster paint jobs

:eek: Damn. he wiped out us Turbo Diesel Lovin Pookies with the words in bold.......

:( now I feel like kicking a cat.

well why cant things just be called "My ride!" i mean after all ratrod hot rod street rod muscle car these are all titles and labels, i believe the truth car guy doesnt need any label! thats corperate america trying to classify a ideal!, i am a dailey driver guy most are not but i dont want to be classified as any thing to show i am different from anyone else, thats like going to AA and standing up and saying ; Hi My name is Tex and i am a drunk!!!"" or something!,, well if it must be that way ? " Hi! my name is Tex and i am addicted to junk!!!" and rehab is for quitters !!!!

:eek: Damn. he wiped out us Turbo Diesel Lovin Pookies with the words in bold.......

:( now I feel like kicking a cat.

Man Pookie, that's funny! In my book you still have a rat rod.:D..Just cause it's a diesel doesn't stop the classification. Everybody's on the Rat Rod bandwagon now, it's the "chic" thing to do. Who knows how they'll all feel next year!.:eek:............CR

YOU get the grandfathered rat rod clause. Your project may be an exception!:p

Man Pookie, that's funny! In my book you still have a rat rod.:D..Just cause it's a diesel doesn't stop the classification. Everybody's on the Rat Rod bandwagon now, it's the "chic" thing to do. Who knows how they'll all feel next year!.:eek:............CR

After a brief deliberation on the present matter being discussed, The Pookie's will only settle for positions on the Board of Directors on the Round Table of Rat Roddom . :)

:D OR we could bolt a carb on as an ornament to fit the classification guidelines.......

Thats some funny stuff. Not to be insensitive to the subject but I dont care what you build or how you build it or what you call it. If it makes ya happy to call it a rat then so be it. Do want ya want, thats what I do.

I gotta ask, exactly how many of "The Pookies" are there?:eek:.......CR:D:D
We will need our own table if you are inquiring for space reservations for the next meeting...... Set placemat as "Reserved for The Pookies" :cool: We will be punctual with our arrival time. Has the Agenda List been published and distributed?

And another thing- will there be paparazzi expected?:eek:

We will need our own table if you are inquiring for space reservations for the next meeting...... Set placemat as "Reserved for The Pookies"

You Pookies can sit at the table with me and my brother. Nobody ever wants to sit with us. I can't understand it. We're handsome fellas.

If it's too new to be a RAT ROD, then it could be a RAT RIDE.

Is there one schitzophrenic Pookie or two or more somewhat normal pooks???

Latest posts

Back