RAT What?!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool! :cool: We have three states covered - I'm the Grand Poo-bah for Tennessee! Come on guys! Lets all stand up for rat rods everywhere. Self appoint yourself as something in the NRRA before all the good seats get taken! NRRA leadership positions are going fast!!! :eek::D

Thunder

Here's a pic for the "NEW RAT MODS".:eek:

Attachments

• 054ab040.jpg
    054ab040.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 20
PRE-WAR sound good to me!!! I just pulled that 1960 date out of thin air!]

OK so here is where the classification of RAT ROD stands so far....

VEHICLE: PRE-WAR Vehicles only (That's WORLD WAR 2 for you youngsters)

ENGINE: Naturaly Asperated or Mechanical Fuel injection-No TBI or TPI induction. Blowers, turbo's, nitrous, deisel (pookie approved), tunnel rams, Hilborn are all accepted.

TRANSMISSION: All types accepted

FRAME: Stock, Modified stock, hand built are all accepted.

SUSPENSION: All types allowed as long as it is SAFE and LEGAL in your state of registration.

BODY MODIFICATONS: Chops, Sections, Channels are all accepted. Changing one body style into another is also accepted as long as it somewhat represents a PRE-WAR era vehicle. SAFETY GLASS WINDSHIELD is highly encouraged and may be required by your registering state.

BODY FINISH: Natural Patina, primer, low luster paint accepted...high end gloss is not unless only used as an accent color.

INTERIOR: Basic with only minimal creature comforts. No digital gauges, flat screen tv's, 30" woofers...ect

WHEELS/TIRES: Whatever looks right on your car.

Feel free to modify the list!!! Then we can submit it to the rat rod police!

Oh good - rules. Build your box and sit in it. I like being one of the outsiders, so from now on, I'm gonna call my ride a VARMIT ROD. :D Us varmit rodders are the REAL counter-culture. :p

VARMIT RODDERS DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' RULES!!!!

:rolleyes:

Is that end of war or start of war? I missed end of war by three years. Heck, guess I'm moving over to the varmit rodders. However the Cold War continued until 1990, so that means I just can squeeze my 89 Ranger in too if it is end of war. :D

I saw theres no rules to what makes or doesnt make it. Everyone can call it whatever they want, if there was rules to "rat rodding" i wouldnt go by them anyway, i build it how i like and will call it whatever i like. Last i checked you cant get tossed in jail for calling your modern car a rat rod. this is just a waste of time talkin about this. but i do like that guys idea about the new section

I saw theres no rules to what makes or doesnt make it. Everyone can call it whatever they want, if there was rules to "rat rodding" i wouldnt go by them anyway, i build it how i like and will call it whatever i like. Last i checked you cant get tossed in jail for calling your modern car a rat rod. this is just a waste of time talkin about this. but i do like that guys idea about the new section

I seriously think we digressed into just having a good time with it livingdeadguy. At least me and a few others were. :D Like it or not alot of pre-war era rat rod owners are purists in a sense too and they just want people to understand that. No It's not a law but it is a justifiable opinion. There's always going to be a controversy about it but I think there is a solution out there. People just have to be willing to talk about it and do something positive toward compromise. Heck - call pre-war cars and trucks "pre-war rat rods" and all post-war rat rods - "post-war rat rods" SIMPLE ENOUGH!!!! :D That's the problem with labels - THEY SUCK!! I hate labels!!!

Last edited:
Just gonna mind my own business from now on!

How I learned to mind my own business

I was walking past the mental hospital the other day,
and all the patients were shouting, '13....13....13.'

The fence was too high to see over, but I saw a
little gap in the planks, so I looked through to see
what was going on.....

Some ******* poked me in the eye with a stick!

Then they all started shouting '14....14....14'... ;)

:eek::eek::eek:

How I learned to mind my own business

I was walking past the mental hospital the other day,
and all the patients were shouting, '13....13....13.'

The fence was too high to see over, but I saw a
little gap in the planks, so I looked through to see
what was going on.....

Some ******* poked me in the eye with a stick!

Then they all started shouting '14....14....14'... ;)

:eek::eek::eek:

too funny :D

Latest posts

Back