How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Traditional
squiral_cage_light_bulb.jpg

Stock
light_bulb.jpg

Rat rod:
bulb.jpg

You guys don't have a clue do you? Nothing can be done until we know what kind of socket said light bulb is going to screw into! Man if wasn't for me you guys would be lost! :rolleyes:

:D:D:D:D

-Troy

This is getting out of hand. Not only is this thread stressing me out. But now I have to change a one. Now before I start, I have to google it to see if I am changing a light bulb or a lightbulb. This took me 3 hours because I was not sure on the spelling or gramer. During that time someone moved the post and it took an hour to find it. By that time I had to look though 30 links and pics only to find out there may be more then one bulb that fits the socket. Now because I am a slow typer the thread has been deleted. I give up I refuse to change it now. Besides my work looks better in the dark :D

We really can't help unless we know exactly what voltage your using for the bulb?
How many watts?
Wet or dry location?
LED, CFL, Incandecent, halogen?
One or two filament?

One would first assume to tell you to screw it out counter clockwise, however, it its a push in type, this will like cause damage to the bulb/socket or your hand! Worse case, all of the above!
My recommendation would be to call your electrician and get his advice, cause if this is done improperly, you could seriously hurt yourself, your family and maybe some of your closest friends!!!!
This is a SERIOUS matter and should NOT be taken lightly!

7d934346.jpg

fb4fdf8e.jpg

85ba6f65.jpg

b08c0c52.jpg

b230d882.jpg

And now I have to flame Troy because nobody said that it was a screw in bulb..........We need more pics............before this gets political :p

And now I have to flame Troy because nobody said that it was a screw in bulb..........We need more pics............before this gets political :p

Touche My Good Man! Touche!

But please don't use the word "flame" while around Bill (Gastrick)...he might spontaneously combust! :D

-Troy

Now let me tell you about one time back in 1956...............;)

Don

Really?!? 1956? Did they have electric lights way back then? I thought oil lamps were still in use. So how did you change the wick in one of those?[ddd

Sorry Don...I was only concieved in 56 and didn't join the real world until 1957 but I figured maybe I could "stir the pot" a little:D

i just hope we dont have to discuss whether or not the metal on the said light bulb is galvanized... a whole new topic to flame up on![ddd[ddd

THIS HAS BEEN COVERED BEFORE!!!! But the last thread was deleted and I received a PM from Tripper. :( About 4 years ago now? I'm not getting involved with this one! :eek:

Latest posts

Back