Baby it's cold outside

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I-R-POPS

''Rusty Mopar Slacker''
12* here this morning. We got about 3" of snow yesterday.
The gate opener was froze up and wouldn't open the gate
so My Bride couldn't get out the gate to go to work. Got her on her way
so I'm sitting here by the fire warming up and counting my blessing.
She's number one on my list this morn.

What's the temp and conditions at your place?

A tad nippy this morning.
And it seems my world has turned upside down.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 59
We were let off work early yesterday because of the weather conditions in ABQ. It was -12 here in the East Mountains this morning and about a foot of snow. Suns out and it's up to 10 degrees.

and i'm whinning

Low 36, Hi 50 and PC. The rest of the county has my sympathy :cool: Oh, no snow unless you drive to it for fun [S

Right with EnglishBob, it's cold up here. I think those temps you showed were wind chills. It sure didn't hit -38°C in Edmonton but it's -30°C, and this morning I heard -42°C windchill, and a 'high' of -26°C (-15°F) for today.

Got a couple feet of snow on the ground.

You cold weather guys have my respect for sure. It's 39 here and way too cold to go outside and do anything.

i went outside first thing and for giggles started my new-to-me 01 ram 3500 Diesel.
i wanted to see if it would automatically start ramping up the idle or do the 3 cylinder idle.
no and no
must not have been cold enough.
on the plus side
this 12 year old cummins starts instantly and runs/drives like a brand new vehicle.
yep
i am happy with it.[cl

10 this am. up to about 26 now. Had to breakout the coveralls to do a little work on the car.

Most of the storms are south of me but, I know that
Rocky Mtn stuff is workin' it's way here.

billy, if it were 10 here, we'd all be walking. My vehicles don't like it below about 40. I guess the 20w-40 oil has something to do with it.(along with all my vehicles are over twenty years old) What do yall use in the cold?? 5w-20 or something like that??

billy, if it were 10 here, we'd all be walking. My vehicles don't like it below about 40. I guess the 20w-40 oil has something to do with it.(along with all my vehicles are over twenty years old) What do yall use in the cold?? 5w-20 or something like that??

15w40

turn the key
let the grid heaters do their stuff
and when the wait to start light goes out
fire it up.

Right with EnglishBob, it's cold up here. I think those temps you showed were wind chills.

I think you're right. Early this morning, -35 C ... add a refreshing breeze, -44 C.

junker39: I use the same oil year 'round, 15W-40 in my '96 diesel. No problem starting but it has to be "plugged in" below freezing. (1200W block heater.:D)

I think you're right. Early this morning, -35 C ... add a refreshing breeze, -44 C.

junker39: I use the same oil year 'round, 15W-40 in my '96 diesel. No problem starting but it has to be "plugged in" below freezing. (1200W block heater.:D)

i plug mine in often
just because i like warm air right away
yep
i am a sissy......;)

Latest posts

Back