Baby it's cold outside

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're sitting at 25F right now with a wind chill of 14F....down right balmy compared to some of you guys. But we'll see the temps they are getting out west in a day or two. Supposed to start snowing tonight so the weather front is just on the door step.

Ive been outside doing yardwork+I had to come in and get some a/c cause its so hot.About 80 f . I used to drive a semi + Ive been 48 states + Canada,so I know how it is.

I live in the warm southern part of Montana. 20 inches of snow and -17 when I heft for work this morning. My brother delivers rural mail, and drives with the windows down. Loves it. I, on the other hand, turn the car heater on.

Coldest it's been in the morning all week.

Your phone says it's a "...poor day for Outdoor Fitness." Understatement I'd say. :rolleyes:

Woke up to 3 degrees here. Low wind and sunny though so I'm thinking it might be a good day to work on my picket fence. My wife wants me to go shopping...

attachment.php

Attachments

• nuts.jpg
    nuts.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 48
i went outside first thing and for giggles started my new-to-me 01 ram 3500 Diesel.
i wanted to see if it would automatically start ramping up the idle or do the 3 cylinder idle.
no and no
must not have been cold enough.
on the plus side
this 12 year old cummins starts instantly and runs/drives like a brand new vehicle.
yep
i am happy with it.[cl
Bought mine new in 01 and it has never done either one of those. Didn't know it was supposed to on the 01's :confused:
Starts immediately and runs smooth no matter the temp :D
The only time it has ever failed me was when the batteries went bad or the following.
Here's a bit of info you need to take heed to !!!!! The lift pumps are notorious for failing, which is only a $150 to $300 dollar fix. The bad part is when it fails, it takes out the $1,000 to $1,500 dollar VP44 injector pump :mad:
You can guess how I know this right ? I bought a VP44 pump with an Air Dog lift pump/filter, from Thoroughbred Diesel and bypassed the POS factory lift pump and filter. No more failures :cool:

Bought mine new in 01 and it has never done either one of those. Didn't know it was supposed to on the 01's :confused:
Starts immediately and runs smooth no matter the temp :D
The only time it has ever failed me was when the batteries went bad or the following.
Here's a bit of info you need to take heed to !!!!! The lift pumps are notorious for failing, which is only a $150 to $300 dollar fix. The bad part is when it fails, it takes out the $1,000 to $1,500 dollar VP44 injector pump :mad:
You can guess how I know this right ? I bought a VP44 pump with an Air Dog lift pump/filter, from Thoroughbred Diesel and bypassed the POS factory lift pump and filter. No more failures :cool:

installing FASS DRP 02 monday

Oh you poor suckers. It's 82* and sunny here and will be this way until at least next Thursday :p
I just got back from driving my Vette around - with the T-tops off :cool:

Latest posts

Back