No, that ain't ice...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would you believe I still haven't got this thing painted? GRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! I hate dealing with insurance companies!!!!!
Since Grundy/Philly uses Safelite for all their glass breakage claims, they are the ones paying for it. According to one of the higher ups at Safelite, I was supposedly told wrong that the glass was not available. After being told that, and them OK'ing the used hatch, they came back and said that they had to pay the entire bill plus my expense for the hatch, well OK then, so they wanted an estimate and a receipt on the hatch, no problem, got both, emailed it to them and also to Philly. Said it would take a couple of days, again OK, so I waited. And I waited. And I waited. A week went by, so I contacted Philly to see what the hold up was. Got a response two days later, " We talked to Safelite, they said they talked to you yesterday and you were set up" I blew my top! I sent off a firm email stating I haven't talked to ANYBODY in over two weeks, and I was getting ****ed! The next morning, the guy from Safelite called, and we had a good conversation. He agreed it should have done been paid, said he'd call me back in a few hours. True to his word, he did, said he had it set up with the body shop to direct pay them, and was overnighting a check to me for the hatch. This was Thursday, before noon. Guess what? Friday, no check. Saturday, no check. If it's not here Monday, he's getting another call, and I won't be as nice this time!

On a lighter note, I started stripping off some parts I can use off the parts car. I wanted the headlight motors as one of mine is bad, but they are different, so they won't work. Tried the console lid, it was different and won't work. Did get the upper door panels off, and they will swap, so that's a plus. Still plan on pulling the steering box and column. It has the desirable Formula steering wheel, so I'm keeping that even though I'm going to have to refurbish it, the paint is bad and the foam rim has a hunk out of it, figure I can rebuild it with some silicone and put a wheel skin leather cover on it. Not a whole lot else on it I need or can use. After I get those few things off, I'll probably send it down the road to somebody else that needs stuff off of it.

Finally got the car back yesterday. Not happy with the bodyshop, they didn't even take the spoiler off to paint it, the black rubber mount pads are now yellow. Paint match is good though, hope it doesn't fade differently. But the metal frame around the glass looks like they didn't even sand it, it still has rust tits they painted over. :mad: I'll probably end up sanding it and repainting that myself. Sure took long enough. Hope I don't have any more dealings with Safelite.

Attachments

• spoiler downloaded 2.jpg
    spoiler downloaded 2.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 20
  • spoiler painted.jpg
    spoiler painted.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 19
Well that sucks, but from my experience lately that's any body shop. I took my truck in about a month ago because I accidentally backed into a giant tree and put a decent dent in the back of the Dual. I got the truck back and it look really good, until I washed it and wiped it all down a couple days later. They had gotten over spray all over the fancy wheels that are on this thing and then decided to take a Scotch-Brite pad and try and clean it off. They literally scratch over half of each rear dual and then didn't even attempt to take the paint off the front one. I was livid. I took it back and they have their detail guy cut and buff and polish them again they look really good but it's still the fact that they can't do their job right and try and pass off ****y work for top dollar

They are out for volume anymore, finish one, roll it out and roll in another. This was a good shop when the current owners father and his brother owned it. Now they are both retired and the quality just isn't there like it used to be. The owner is a great painter, the paint is flawless, but the prep work is questionable. The old guys wouldn't let one go until it was detailed and cleaned, mine had sanding dust all over the glass.:(

It looks pretty good from here. Bummer it isn't.

That's the same spoiler I bought at the swap meet for $15 and put on my 74 Comet. It was already black, and looked like it belonged on it. Sure made the trunk lid heavy though. :D

Wish I could have gotten mine for $15. That one set me back $150, shipping and all.:eek:

Skip, were you ever on MMB.com? I remember a few guys from out your way that had Mavericks and Comets. Haven't talked to any of them in ages since I got rid of my Maverick.

Latest posts

Back