What would you do?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turns out that dad thought junior was staying at his friends house and never told his pop he was here, had phone conversations a few times with pops and was like everything is fine.
Anyway, it's over and behind me. I'd rather look out the windshield than watch the rear view mirror, much better scenery.

WB,
The whole deal sounds fishy to me and I hope you'll think twice about giving Pops any rides to the airport in the future. This is just my opinion but I think they definitely took advantage of you and cooked up this story after the fact. If nothing else, they were less than honest. Like when Pops and asked if you had gotten enough work out of him? Very fishy!

Rattler

I thought this story was very odd. Who in the world would just "assume" that they could dump their kid on someone without asking? As much as we hate to think it, some people are just users. Some people I have considered friends over the years ended up taking advantage of me, and at that point I had to make the decision whether or not they were really friends at all.

The older I get the more direct I am. When I was younger I might have bitten my tongue in a situation where today I would say "Hey, wait a minute........"

Don

WB,
The whole deal sounds fishy to me and I hope you'll think twice about giving Pops any rides to the airport in the future. This is just my opinion but I think they definitely took advantage of you and cooked up this story after the fact. If nothing else, they were less than honest. Like when Pops and asked if you had gotten enough work out of him? Very fishy!

Rattler
Yeah, that is what other friends pointed out too. Pop's probably knew more than he let on. Anyway these are people I will distance myself from in the future.

A couple days later I see them hooking onto the kids Bronco and as they pulled out of the yard he stopped and ask if I was still mad. I said I was a little and he wondered why. So when I told him how I felt about the whole deal he blamed it all on the kid, said he was supposed to stay at a friends house. He called the kid into the conversation and asked him why he didn't go there yadda yadda yadda. I still think the dad knew where his kid was. He did stop by a couple days ago to borrow something. He had 3 pieces of junk farm equipment here that he had to get home and needed a big pin. He didn't mention the other deal.
After looking back I think he mostly just used our friendship and that part is over although I do not harbor ill will toward people, it isn't healthy.

After looking back I think he mostly just used our friendship and that part is over although I do not harbor ill will toward people, it isn't healthy.

Sounds like your eyes are open to their BS. And good to hear you are 'at peace' with the whole situation.

Latest posts

Back