No sway bar ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce R

I just got my tubular lower control arms and I discovered there’s no provision to mount a sway bar. After looking at a bunch of Mustang 2 suspension kits, I see that alot of them don’t have a sway bar, is it normal to run without one ?

I have a '34 Plymouth with Mustang 11 front axle and no sway-bar. You have to ask yourself, "How much of an animal am I going to drive like." If you're going to drive fairly sensibly around corners you won't miss the sway-bar.
This is only an opinion.

Attachments

• IMG_1187.jpg
    IMG_1187.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1230.jpg
    IMG_1230.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 13
I used the Pinto version (same thing) no sway bar and worked fine [cl
I did have to move the strut to the rear to clean up the front of the frame. [;)
Good luck with it. :D

Attachments

• P1200007.jpg
    P1200007.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 17
We didn't put a sway bar on my uncles Model A in the beginning, but it would get swaying at highway speed. After installing one, it handled like a slot car! It made an incredible difference. It was just a matter of welding a couple of tabs on the lower control arms. I took the same approach on my truck, only right from the beginning. I'd highly recommend it.

If you install drop spindles the need for a swaybar is less but, if at original ride height, a bar is a major improvement.

Latest posts

Back