Steering devices?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

da_bull

I've been looking at a reverse Corvair box for my setup (kinda makes the most sense for my build). Is there any other options for that style box? Like some out there, I am building on a budget. Steering is something I dont want to skimp out on, but just curious if there is another avenue for first time builders like myself. I just dont if, for instance, a 1977 Toyota CVCC wagon steering box will do the same function (not that particular car, but y'all know what I mean). Thanks in advance!

I used the Speedway reversed Corvair box on mine. It works good after I got it adjusted (tightened up). Seems to be a very limited selection of steering arms for them though. I'm sure there's other stuff out there that you could make work. I suppose it depends how much time you want to spend searching and tinkering. They are easy to find if you need a replacement. I picked mine up at a swap meet (new in the box) then picked up another as a spare.

Latest posts

Back