'47 Dodge shop truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I take some time off...

Man, I was away from the board for 2 weeks & missed 5 pages on this build!

I wanted the engine
mounted higher up in the engine bay. I think it looks way better than with
it down in that hole.

You know Pops, if you left that engine at the lower altitude, there'd be more room for an air-gap intake or high-rise or *-71 blower! Stay below the hood, sleeper performance.
:eek::cool:[;)[cl

Your grandkids must get along really well to only have one of them laying claim to it.
[P

-Chaz

Man, I was away from the board for 2 weeks & missed 5 pages on this build!

You know Pops, if you left that engine at the lower altitude, there'd be more room for an air-gap intake or high-rise or *-71 blower! Stay below the hood, sleeper performance.
:eek::cool:[;)[cl

Your grandkids must get along really well to only have one of them laying claim to it.
[P

-Chaz

It is going to get an air gap manifold, new carb and cam, If I ever get caught up on my dang DR. bills.

Caleb is the only one of my 8 grand kids that are into the hot rods.

Using what I've got.

The master cylinder/booster/pedal assy seemed to fit nicely out of the donor. Put a couple of down and dirty conduit braces to stiffen things up so the fire wall doesn't flex. Works perfect.

Started on the floor framing but it's not going as quickly as I planned. Some thing about the flooring part that just seems boring as all get out to me. But it has to be done.

Cut the dash for gauge clearance.

Slowly but surely.

Attachments

• IMG_2467.jpg
    IMG_2467.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2466.jpg
    IMG_2466.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2452.jpg
    IMG_2452.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2468.jpg
    IMG_2468.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2459.jpg
    IMG_2459.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 64
Started on the floor framing but it's not going as quickly as I planned. Some thing about the flooring part that just seems boring as all get out to me. But it has to be done.
Slowly but surely.

Us floor guys get no respect. And besides. That's not really a whole floor. Just more of a patch job.....;)
Keep at it POPS. It just gets more boring untill it's done.:D
Torchie.

It's funny how each of us have different things we don't enjoy doing on a build.

So what's yours? It's not that much to do on this floor but I get started and before I know it I'm off doing something else.
Eliminated the rag joint on the steering shaft today instead of working on the floor. Tomorrow I "plan" on trying again.

Us floor guys get no respect. And besides. That's not really a whole floor. Just more of a patch job.....;)
Keep at it POPS. It just gets more boring untill it's done.:D
Torchie.

I'm really trying. My ADD gets worse when I'm bored.
Went to NAPA today in the rat to get some stuff and ended up just cruising and wasting nearly three hours. I may find some other excuse to do the same tomorrow.

I couldn't tell from the pictures...is your pedal assembly metal? or plastic/fiberglass-ish?

I've seen some late model dodges with plastic pedal holders and they don't give me a warm, fuzzy feeling.

So what's yours? It's not that much to do on this floor but I get started and before I know it I'm off doing something else.
Eliminated the rag joint on the steering shaft today instead of working on the floor. Tomorrow I "plan" on trying again.

I'm really trying. My ADD gets worse when I'm bored.
Went to NAPA today in the rat to get some stuff and ended up just cruising and wasting nearly three hours. I may find some other excuse to do the same tomorrow.

Every project has something in it that is just plain a struggle to get thru. Don't care wether it's building a house or restoring a wooden boat or building a car.
When I hit those spots I just put my head down and push thru them.
Kind of like I did with my floor POPS.
Tomorrow is another day.......
Torchie.

I couldn't tell from the pictures...is your pedal assembly metal? or plastic/fiberglass-ish?

I've seen some late model dodges with plastic pedal holders and they don't give me a warm, fuzzy feeling.

I hear you on the plastic crap on some of the newer vehicles.
The hanger assembly is aluminum and a pretty strong set up. Stronger than
the firewall so I had to add a couple of braces to get the flexing stopped.

Got my steering column shortened 1 1/2", the rag joint eliminated and got
back to the floor. Going to make the center section removable for access. Fun and games!!

Attachments

• IMG_2480.jpg
    IMG_2480.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2473[1].jpg
    IMG_2473[1].jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2472[1].jpg
    IMG_2472[1].jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2481.jpg
    IMG_2481.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2478.jpg
    IMG_2478.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2488[1].jpg
    IMG_2488[1].jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2479.jpg
    IMG_2479.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 71
Lots of progress Pops! I'm watching the floor progress on yours and Torchie's right now cause I'm fixing to be in the same boat soon. Keep at it! I'm on the boring stage on mine to me. The filling pin holes and smoothing welds on the cab...neverending!

Looking Good POPS.
What gauge metal are you using on the floor?
Torchie.

Thanks.
It may be overkill but it is 16 ga. and it was in the rack and already paid for.
and I'm making it removable.
I've got some 18 ga. that I'll use one the firewall part of it.
Using what I have is the name of the game here.

Lots of progress Pops! I'm watching the floor progress on yours and Torchie's right now cause I'm fixing to be in the same boat soon. Keep at it! I'm on the boring stage on mine to me. The filling pin holes and smoothing welds on the cab...neverending!

I really don't like the patching process but it needs to be done.
Looking forward to getting past this stage.

Good luck on you project.

Latest posts

Back