Getting rid of Armour All

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bamamav

The truck I just bought has vinyl mat flooring. When they detailed it, the brainiac that did it put Armour All everywhere, the floor, the dash, even the steering wheel! I wiped the wheel down and got it where I can grip it now, but the floor is slick as snot on a doorknob! I've got a GPS mount that mounts with double sided tape, the dash is so slick it won't stick, either. How can I get rid of this mess? I was thinking I could maybe wipe the dash with rubbing alcohol, but what about the floor? I can't even keep a rubber backed floor mat in place it's so slick. Probably not a big problem with rats, but anybody ever tried to get rid of this slick mess other than letting it wear off?[S

Amour All I think is water based so, Simple Green should also do the job.
I would think Prep All would do the job too.

I like the smell of Simple Green much more than vinegar.:D Wife has some of that Awesome cleaner, it is about like Simple Green, may try some of it too.

bama it's supposed to rain again this week, so some of that alabama mud will take care of that floor board. hey you going to the car show down town jasper saturday?

Bleche-White will take all the mess off and leave the rubber fresh and black, not oily and greasy. It's not really bleach, just a strong degreaser. Does a great job on blackwall tires too!

bama it's supposed to rain again this week, so some of that alabama mud will take care of that floor board. hey you going to the car show down town jasper saturday?

No, I haven't worked in a month so I'm staying close to home. I didn't even get to go to Tupelo this past weekend even though I was pre registered, just didn't have the extra for gas and eats. I didn't even go to the mall Sat night, either. Hoping to get going maybe tomorrow, so maybe I can go to Columbus MS on the 20th.

Simple mixture of Dawn detergent and water will do wonders with anything greasy and you got a choice of fragrance for all the lightweights that can't handle whore chore strength vinegar...[ddd:rolleyes::D

Simple mixture of Dawn detergent and water will do wonders with anything greasy and you got a choice of fragrance for all the lightweights that can't handle whore chore strength vinegar...[ddd:rolleyes::D

Wow. This thread went south quickly.:eek: :D
Dawn has been my choice for degreasing for years. I have used it on engines,Transmissions and inside engine compartments on wood boats. It is also used for wild life clean up from oil spills as it dissolves the oil but doesn't harm the wild life or the environment.
I always thought that the Fallen angels used coke-a-cola. May be it's a regional thing.......:rolleyes:

Torchie

Wow. This thread went south quickly.:eek: :D
Dawn has been my choice for degreasing for years. I have used it on engines,Transmissions and inside engine compartments on wood boats. It is also used for wild life clean up from oil spills as it dissolves the oil but doesn't harm the wild life or the environment.
I always thought that the Fallen angels used coke-a-cola. May be it's a regional thing.......:rolleyes:

Torchie
Looks like someone took it back north again. It does get around.

The guy at a detail shop once told me they wipe everything down with Armour All. I passed on the detail job.

Latest posts

Back