Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > The "BS" Lounge

The "BS" Lounge Off topic posts & general stuff with no category! You talkin' to ME?!?!?!

Old 02-19-2021, 11:34 PM
Still crazy after all these years!

Got the second shot last week. No side effects. Arf, arf. Woof woof.
Old 02-20-2021, 12:04 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

I signed up on the VA waiting list. A few days later I got a call. Then my shot was postponed due to the snow. Got it Thursday. Yea! Mild reaction for a few hours. My body immediately recognized an intruder and went to work on it. Kinda' like a mini-flu. Second dose is next month.

Not taking anything too seriously.
Old 02-20-2021, 06:42 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

I am getting my 2nd on Wednesday. 1st was no problem except when I reached up for a coffee mug the next morning. A bit sore. That was it. A little worried about the 2nd but it wont keep me from getting it. My Wife's second had her having chills and a headache for less than 24 hrs then back to normal. Jim
Old 02-20-2021, 10:04 AM
Crusty Rusty Old Rat Rodder!

I get my second shot on tuesday. The wife has had both and had chills and fever for 24 hours. Seems like everyone has some sort of reaction after the second shot.
Old 02-20-2021, 10:27 AM
Still crazy after all these years!

My wife and I each had 30 seconds of light headedness shortly after the second shot. Very little arm soreness. I have developed a taste for milk bones. The bite sized ones.

Last edited by bob w; 02-20-2021 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-20-2021, 10:56 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

had a ol buddy come over, he was setting across the room from me. i started hearing crunching and looked over and he was eating milk bones. said he ate them all the time but didn't like the red ones. not me i like people food. glad yall are doing well after getting your shots. it will be a long time yet before i can get one and still not sure i'm going to yet.
Old 02-20-2021, 02:28 PM

You gotta watch eating those dog treats, next thing you know you will start sniffing butts and trying to lick yourself.
Old 03-15-2021, 09:00 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

The better half works at 2 different long-term care facilities. All of the seniors and staff have received their second shot at least 4 weeks ago. They went from 8-10 cases per day (and many many deaths) at each site to zero. The noticeable impact was after the second shot.

Whatever your reasons for not getting it are, I really hope you are able to assess information from good sources before deciding not to get it. For instance, there is misinformation already in this thread as: 1. The vaccines were not rushed, they had much more funding and many more willing trial participants than ever which allowed for a much shorter development time. 2. Bruno's statement that most people are having a reaction after the second shot is incorrect. 3. There's no proof yet that having had Covid before protects you from getting it again. A vaccine is your best defence.

Whatever your beliefs around the virus and vaccine, please make an informed decision.

My '46 GMC on Photobucket
---------------------------------------------------------------
When you don't know what you're doing, it's best to do it quickly.

And when Iím gone, you can call me foolish but hopefully not boring. I will have lived.

The more I learn about women, the more I like my car.

Last edited by 05snopro440; 03-15-2021 at 12:49 PM.
Old 03-15-2021, 09:47 AM

You are correct, i should have said that some people had a reaction after the second shot, not most people.
Old 03-15-2021, 12:45 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Iíve mostly avoided weighing in..... till now.
I agree 100 percent with snopro.
When the vaccine first came out I had a long chat with my Dr that I trust implicitly.
He said that the concern about it being ď rushedĒ was a false narrative.
This vaccine is based in many prior years of research. What was done in the past year was to tweak it to combat this particular virus. And as the virus mutation continues they will most likely tweak it again.
I got my first shot with absolutely NO issues. Second one comes on April 2.
I recognize the rights of every one to do as they see best for themselves but please base that choice on legitimate information. Ask your Dr. And if you donít trust your Dr then you are screwed anyways.
JMHO.
Stay safe and healthy, Everyone.
Peace.
Torchie