Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > The "BS" Lounge

The "BS" Lounge Off topic posts & general stuff with no category! You talkin' to ME?!?!?!

Old 03-01-2021, 03:49 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
OK. I just unblocked ads for this site. I'll click on an ad now and again. Maybe even buy something if I find something I need/want/like. This place is special, so I am willing to put up with a few ads.
Skip.. how about a sticky page / forum title for all advertisers.. would be easy to monitor, and simpler for users to surf through for build treasure..

even way down under stuff is way cheaper to buy ex U.S and often delivered quicker than NZ suppliers.. dont get me wrong i support country etc .. just tight fisted with my cash ...

the greatest victory is to live
Old 03-01-2021, 06:09 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

I belong to an Old House site, for those that love old houses and restorations. They also have a Facebook page and the result seems to be not much activity on the main site, and I don't go there that much these days, come here instead.

-Done with Facebook, deleted my mostly nothing page.
Old 03-01-2021, 07:00 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

I have 2 forums I check every day, this one and a Suzuki 4x4 forum. The Zuke one is slow but is still doing very well even though they are not made here in the states any more. Took a big hit in the past when one of the founder was killed in Afghanistan. The owner was changed along the way and it still survives. Garage journal and the HAMB are a couple other pretty busy forums. My hope is after I and my Wife fully retire I can buy a vehicle that fits into this forum so I can do a build. Jim
Old 03-01-2021, 11:41 AM
It ain't grey hair, it's chrome!

This is the only forum I engage with so when it was offline for a couple days, I was getting a little twitchy, thinking it was all over
I don't do facebook, twitter or any social media blabber, guess I'm a Dinosaur, so the threat of extinction is always there.
I realize that we're playing with old stuff and praying to the gods of internal combustion for continuance of this hobby, but the writing is on the wall I think for the eventual switch to electric propulsion, and a some point, the supply of old tin will dry up or become unobtanium.
Maybe the electric motor will find its place here one day too, but I'm hoping we can keep on burning gas in some form.
Despite all that, I think this forum is way more inclusive than most, thanks to Mr. Tripper and the general forgiving nature of its participants, I hope it keeps going for the long run.
Even though my builds turn out shiny save for one, I feel part of the group and look forward daily to updates on what others are doing or working on, and I'm always picking up ideas and getting inspiration here.
Old 03-09-2021, 07:05 PM

Guilty as charged. I mostly lurk on forums, unless I am actually working on a project, like I am mow. I don't usually just post random things online.
Old 03-09-2021, 10:16 PM
Fascinated by rolling objects!

I would like to see more BS on the BS Thread. Doesn't have to be BS. I like to hear about members life experiences. It's time for a good contest that gets alot of participation. Any suggestions?
I'm thinking a $50 Speedway gift certificate prize.
Old 03-10-2021, 11:37 AM
Still crazy after all these years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthman View Post
I would like to see more BS on the BS Thread. Doesn't have to be BS. I like to hear about members life experiences. It's time for a good contest that gets alot of participation. Any suggestions?
We did Rat Rod Poetry several years ago and it went pretty well. I've been toying with the idea for a while now and have some prizes selected. As I recall, e-man, you played an important part in that contest.

Doc. wrote a wonderful piece about his funny car days and sent it to me in installments by email. If he still has it, some gentle pressure could be applied and he might share it with all of us.

I do think it is the off topic posts that keep UDS fun and stimulating. That, and no bickering.
Old 03-10-2021, 12:59 PM
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthman View Post
I don't have any bright ideas, but I'd like to Thank You for your support and dedication both past and present!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob w View Post
Doc. wrote a wonderful piece about his funny car days and sent it to me in installments by email. If he still has it, some gentle pressure could be applied and he might share it with all of us.
Hmmm... I doubt I have any of that any more. It's been a few years, but I'll look...

1937 Chevy Coupe
1938 Chevy Sedan

Photo Posting and Resizing
Old 03-10-2021, 01:32 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

i don't know about the rest of yall, but there are no adds showing for me.
Old 03-11-2021, 07:10 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26Troadster View Post
i don't know about the rest of yall, but there are no adds showing for me.
Do you have an ad blocker? I use one for Firefox. I can toggle it on for the sites I want to support.

Not taking anything too seriously.