Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > The "BS" Lounge

The "BS" Lounge Off topic posts & general stuff with no category! You talkin' to ME?!?!?!

Old 03-27-2021, 09:53 PM
Builder Junky!

My condolences Dozer. A few years ago I lost my Mum in the same way. I also had the conflicting thoughts; she had been your bright eyed bushy-tailed Mum and now she is gone forever, but, she had a terrible disease that caused her suffering and now she's not suffering anymore.
You will do lots of thinking, some of it all jumbled up, over the next few months. My heart goes out to you.
Old 03-28-2021, 06:20 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Thanks you so much everyone on here, your comments and thoughts help a lot.

Don't give up, it's far too much fun once you can drive it.
Old 03-28-2021, 06:29 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob w View Post
Sorry for the loss of your Mom. But when you know it was for the better it doesn't hurt quite as bad.
When my Mom passed in 2012 I thought it was odd that I was not as sad as I always figured I would be. She had Parkinson's for nearly 10 years. I figured it must have been the fact that her suffering was over. I still do miss her and my Dad every day. Jim
Old 03-28-2021, 08:08 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by redidbull View Post
When my Mom passed in 2012 I thought it was odd that I was not as sad as I always figured I would be. She had Parkinson's for nearly 10 years. I figured it must have been the fact that her suffering was over. I still do miss her and my Dad every day. Jim
I can relate to that. Old age is worth nothing if there`s no quality left. My mom was 57 when she died but I was "glad" it was over.
My dad just dropped dead @ 46. That felt unfair. I guess he was needed elsewhere.

I always felt kinda jealous seeing others having fun with old parents and having grandparents for their kids, but they also get the crappy parts of old age...
Old 03-28-2021, 10:40 AM
Still crazy after all these years!

I'm pretty old, coming up on 80 in a few short months. When you're young, thinking about being old is discouraging. Aging brings on the obvious difficulties and one cannot judge how one will accept the challenges of aging.
I find that loss of strength, reduced vision and hearing along with aches and pain are annoyances and can be dealt with. But there is a melancholy that happens when thinking about the horrible, life threatening (ending) diseases that come with advanced age.
Knowing that the "finish line" is within sight is bothersome and keeps cropping up in one's mind.
Just how much function is a person able to cope with before saying "enough"? That's an individual choice. I've had severely crippled friends that couldn't even feed themselves that still found enjoyment in their lives.
For me, I think I could handle a great deal of physical function loss. The mind is a different matter. Without mental sharpness life is simply existence. That's my greatest worry.
Old 03-28-2021, 01:26 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob w View Post
I'm pretty old, coming up on 80 in a few short months. When you're young, thinking about being old is discouraging. Aging brings on the obvious difficulties and one cannot judge how one will accept the challenges of aging.
I find that loss of strength, reduced vision and hearing along with aches and pain are annoyances and can be dealt with. But there is a melancholy that happens when thinking about the horrible, life threatening (ending) diseases that come with advanced age.
Knowing that the "finish line" is within sight is bothersome and keeps cropping up in one's mind.
Just how much function is a person able to cope with before saying "enough"? That's an individual choice. I've had severely crippled friends that couldn't even feed themselves that still found enjoyment in their lives.
For me, I think I could handle a great deal of physical function loss. The mind is a different matter. Without mental sharpness life is simply existence. That's my greatest worry.
Agreed. I'll be 57 next month, not that old. The aches and pains I have now and loss of strength and arthritis. suck. I work around all of that but the fear of mental decline is terrifying. I have such a strong family history of it. I feel it is only a matter of time. So for as long as I can I'm trying to enjoy life.
Old 03-28-2021, 05:13 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Sending you and your family peace and strength. Dozer.
Torchie
Old 03-28-2021, 07:53 PM
The Rat Captain

Red face

My condolences Dozer!
Old 03-29-2021, 03:46 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchie View Post
Sending you and your family peace and strength. Dozer.
Torchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by soltz View Post
My condolences Dozer!
Thanks Guys

Don't give up, it's far too much fun once you can drive it.
Old 03-29-2021, 06:13 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

So sorry to learn of your loss Dozer, my condolences.