Coors please!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmw56

Busted and Rusted on Route 66
Found this old Coors can in the left rear quarter panel of the Poncho Safari today. I haven't seen one of these in years. They quit making that top because people would get their fingers caught in the big hole! :D

Attachments

• IMG_20210406_095134488.jpg
    IMG_20210406_095134488.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 44
My Dad knew a guy who had a rattle in a new car that he bought way back. When the dealer finally took the door panel off they found an empty vodka bottle in the door. Must have been built on a Friday. Jim

LOL!! I remember those old Coors cans! Many years ago I was a young soldier with the 101st at Ft Campbell, Ky. We couldn't get Coors there but had a guy in our outfit from Colorado. He was going home on leave so we asked him to bring us back some Coors. He filled the whole back seat with beer and headed back to Kentucky but was stopped for speeding. The police saw all the beer and arrested him for bootlegging alcohol over state lines. We had to go bail him out and beg the judge for forgiveness...they kept the beer. :)

First attempt at "environmentally friendly", no more pull tabs to throw on the ground. Trick was use a coin to save the meat on your thumb. lol

My Dad knew a guy who had a rattle in a new car that he bought way back. When the dealer finally took the door panel off they found an empty vodka bottle in the door. Must have been built on a Friday. Jim

A friend of mine worked at a Chevy dealership in the mid 70’s, a Malibu kept coming back for a rattle, they had to cut out a inner body brace to find it, it was a bottle with a note that said ha ha a—hole how long did it take ya to find this one

A friend of mine worked at a Chevy dealership in the mid 70’s, a Malibu kept coming back for a rattle, they had to cut out a inner body brace to find it, it was a bottle with a note that said ha ha a—hole how long did it take ya to find this one

That is a great story. I wonder how many times things like that happened. Me and buddy went to visit a friend in TX back in the 80's. They had Coors and that and Lone Star was all we drank. When Coors became available here in CT we never drank it. Once we got it it wasn't special anymore. Jim

Latest posts

Back