How's your weather????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had fiercer weather a couple days before Elsa in a regular afternoon summer thunder shower. Got 3 1/2 inches of rain in 3 days and practically normal winds up here. I have about 20 new seedlings growing on my front porch mostly tomatoes and peppers and they are sitting on the railing not protected from the winds. Not a one was toppled during the storm.

I've been whining for the last two weeks that it has been bitterly cold here, well, now it warmed up to -23*C probably about -10*F, in the heat of the day. It has snowed a lot the last few days to top it all off.
Tomorrow, a Chinook is coming in and it's supposed to start melting and drifting this nice new fluffy snow.
I'll trade ya.

Attachments

• IMG_0497.jpg
    IMG_0497.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0498.jpg
    IMG_0498.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 13
I've been whining for the last two weeks that it has been bitterly cold here, well, now it warmed up to -23*C probably about -10*F, in the heat of the day. It has snowed a lot the last few days to top it all off.
Tomorrow, a Chinook is coming in and it's supposed to start melting and drifting this nice new fluffy snow.
I'll trade ya.

Looks like your railing snow piles are bigger than mine. We got a ton of snow this winter so far, I guess they were right when they predicted a snowy and cold winter! Looking forward to the warmer temps, but wish they were still -5°C or so.

No words needed!!!

How does the snow bike ride? I haven't ridden one yet.

05snopro440;5550 How does the snow bike ride? I haven't ridden one yet.[/QUOTE said:
I've written sleds my whole life, once I rode a bike I'll never own a snowmobile again! They don't have the raw power of a sled and if that's what you like you'll never get it out of a bike. But the maneuverability and the places you can go on one or insane.

I found out two things on my walk today. One, an old guy can't walk that far in these conditions, and two there is sixteen inches of snow beside my walking trail but still on the road that I plowed out just before Christmas.
So, I plugged the tractor in to warm up for tomorrow, because I figured that Mrs. Mac would be asking me to plow the yard out again. Also, tomorrow night is 4-H night so all the little guys will be here grinning.

We are getting some cold here this weekend, not Alberta/Sask cold but it's -21, wind chill of -31 right now. DW and I went to town for a couple of things yesterday and did a nice along the CN river trestle that the township converted into a walkway. The whole thing is done in Trex. Must have cost a fortune.

Attachments

• 20220114_144538.jpg
    20220114_144538.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 20220114_144530.jpg
    20220114_144530.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 12
Looks like a pretty neat place.
How deep is the river there?

That's about 7 or 8 miles downstream from me, so I'm not sure how deep it is there, but I do see powerboats in that area. In front of our place, with normal water levels it's only about 3 or 4 feet deep. It can rise by 12 feet in the spring at our place.

We are getting some cold here this weekend, not Alberta/Sask cold but it's -21, wind chill of -31 right now. DW and I went to town for a couple of things yesterday and did a nice along the CN river trestle that the township converted into a walkway. The whole thing is done in Trex. Must have cost a fortune.

It was colder for you than it was for us here this past weekend, Bill! The other half and I went walking along our local river with our two pups on Saturday, it got up to +3°C (37°F for those keeping score down south), but was a little cooler along the river trail. Made for firmer snow to walk on. Nice January weather for us, back to the deep freeze tonight for a couple days.

Attachments

• received_505194564224608.jpg
    received_505194564224608.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 12
  • received_484597443188221.jpg
    received_484597443188221.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 10
  • received_4316260245142490.jpg
    received_4316260245142490.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 10
We got 4" or so and was raining when I woke up....lots of slush but going down to freezing this eve and the next few days in the teens it looks like so my boy is coming over to clear the driveway and back runway for the pup. I'm feeling little better but don't want to get crazy and have a relapse. Stay Warm!

The monthly Saturday meet up was great here in west central Florida, but The big front came by Sunday, rain and wind and a tornado or two postponing a couple meet ups. Supposed to go down to 30's tonight.

I do not miss all that snow some of you are dealing with.

1-17-22 yup first time this year in the 30s. I loaded some firewood up this afternoon. Hope my pepper plants will be ok. My tomatoes just didn't get it much this time but I'm not concerned about them...my peppers are a different story. I got a bunch going....and don't want to lose them. Anybody into "hot" peppers?

Latest posts

Back