V8 Volks by T & L

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The stainless mesh worked out real nice. I saw the rubber trans dip stick yesterday. A clever solution to a space problem.

Even though it is a small car I'm sure a 6' 5" guy could drive comfortably.

Neverdone, I believe I sounded a bit harsh with my explanation about the gauges. It was not intentional. Your absolutely correct, a keeper this cool would deserve a nice gauge set.

The stainless mesh worked out real nice. I saw the rubber trans dip stick yesterday. A clever solution to a space problem.

Neverdone, I believe I sounded a bit harsh with my explanation about the gauges. It was not intentional. Your absolutely correct, a keeper this cool would deserve a nice gauge set.

No harm no foul. I learned long ago to not take things to harsh. In any case, not my car, not my choice. Still a sweet car.

And the stainless mesh does look fantastic!

Side note, Lokar makes a flexi dip stick if you want a more finished look.

What type of brake master cylinder are you running? My brother and I are also doing a V8 VW, though a very different build, and are currently looking to get the brakes started. THanks!

Thanks for all the kind words! We got the transmission tunnel done today. By bending it to the shape of the bell housing instead of round we gained about 2 more inches inside the car. Had to put a couple of round bumps in the side to clear the transmission pan, because it sets so high, but now there is plenty of room for the gas and brake pedal. Put the steering column in todaytoo. Next will be the driveshaft tunnel and finish the floor.

Looking good. Here are some pics of my floor on my VW Squareback

Picture075.jpg

PROJECTTYPEIIISQUAREBACK079.jpg

PROJECTTYPEIIISQUAREBACK081.jpg

PROJECTTYPEIIISQUAREBACK082.jpg

PROJECTTYPEIIISQUAREBACK083.jpg

PROJECTTYPEIIISQUAREBACK084.jpg

PROJECTTYPEIIISQUAREBACK088.jpg

What type of brake master cylinder are you running? My brother and I are also doing a V8 VW, though a very different build, and are currently looking to get the brakes started. THanks!
Jamajar, the master cylinder is an aftermarket street rod master cylinder, I buy them on e-bay. They are kind of a copy of the corvette master cylinder, you can get them for disc and drum or for drum (front) drum (rear) or disc (front) disc (rear). I use them with a proportioning valve from Speedway that is a copy of the chevrolet that was used in the 80's. They are a non-adjustable proportioning valve.

This little ride gets better and better every time i look at it! Keep it up:p

Been awhile since we posted, Christmas and all. We have gotten quite a bit done, the frame and floors and inside and outside are painted, rebuilt the motor, rewired the whole car, ran all the gas and brake lines. Got the gas pedal and brake pedal, transmission linkage hooked up. The drive shaft cut and welded. all the hoses and belts. Just waiting for the weather to warm up so we can start it up and take her for a ride! Just got to prime the oil pump put the distributor in and it should be ready to go.

Attachments

• P1010036.jpg
    P1010036.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 122
  • P1010038.jpg
    P1010038.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 122
  • P1010004.jpg
    P1010004.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 130
  • P1010005.jpg
    P1010005.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 125
  • P1010009.jpg
    P1010009.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 120
  • P1010010.jpg
    P1010010.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 127
  • P1010011.jpg
    P1010011.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 117
  • P1010012.jpg
    P1010012.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 116
That engine turned panel covering the dash wiring look really good. Interior is nice with the paint and the original panels.

I'm gonna get a ride in it.[cl

I'll answer for Terry & Lee. Shortly before they finished the car a mutual friend came over looked a it, liked it and bought it. T & L finished it and the new owner has had tons of fun with it all summer.

Latest posts

Back