distributor?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

26Troadster

anybody mess with the a-team distributors? i got to get a distributor for my grandson's truck that we are converting to carb.

Bottom of the barrel junk. Don't waste your money!

There are quality ignitions available for a few dollars more, depending on the application. What do you have?

that's what i'm finding too. i need one for a 302 ford, we are removing the fuel injection and going over to a carb.

Also avoid procomp, skip white, johnny law and most everything on ebay or amazon. If it's $100 or less, it's the same regurgitated crap by a different name. :mad:

bossman the one that it has is computer controlled it's a 93 f150. i'm trying to get away from the computer. if yall know something i don't then i'm all ears.

Odie, I bought one off eBay, JRM Speed I think. The first one I got the shaft was warped and it wiggled like crazy. I made a warranty claim with the seller and they sent me a replacement. It's only got about 30 minutes run time on it, so far, it has been OK, but I haven't had it on the road yet, so I don't know if it will hold up.

You can get a 85 Mustang manual trans distributor and run it through a Motorcraft box, or even a GM module if you wanted to. This is the only factory Ford distributor for a carb and has the steel cam gear you need for the roller cam. It has to be for the manual transmission, automatic trans dist won't work.

book says the truck doesn't have a roller. the intake should be here today, so i will know fore sure by this weekend. i have looked at converting one of the ford dizzys to a hei control module too.

bossman the one that it has is computer controlled it's a 93 f150. i'm trying to get away from the computer. if yall know something i don't then i'm all ears.

They make an MSD spark box to control the timing only... that's what I use! I ditch the computer & use the spark box & switch the intake to carbed! Old Iron is a good go to!

BoB

Latest posts

Back