It's was easy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I signed up on the VA waiting list. A few days later I got a call. Then my shot was postponed due to the snow. Got it Thursday. Yea! Mild reaction for a few hours. My body immediately recognized an intruder and went to work on it. Kinda' like a mini-flu. Second dose is next month.

I am getting my 2nd on Wednesday. 1st was no problem except when I reached up for a coffee mug the next morning. A bit sore. That was it. A little worried about the 2nd but it wont keep me from getting it. My Wife's second had her having chills and a headache for less than 24 hrs then back to normal. Jim

I get my second shot on tuesday. The wife has had both and had chills and fever for 24 hours. Seems like everyone has some sort of reaction after the second shot.

My wife and I each had 30 seconds of light headedness shortly after the second shot. Very little arm soreness. I have developed a taste for milk bones. The bite sized ones.

Last edited:
had a ol buddy come over, he was setting across the room from me. i started hearing crunching and looked over and he was eating milk bones. said he ate them all the time but didn't like the red ones. not me i like people food. glad yall are doing well after getting your shots. it will be a long time yet before i can get one and still not sure i'm going to yet.

You gotta watch eating those dog treats, next thing you know you will start sniffing butts and trying to lick yourself.:eek:

The better half works at 2 different long-term care facilities. All of the seniors and staff have received their second shot at least 4 weeks ago. They went from 8-10 cases per day (and many many deaths) at each site to zero. The noticeable impact was after the second shot.

Whatever your reasons for not getting it are, I really hope you are able to assess information from good sources before deciding not to get it. For instance, there is misinformation already in this thread as: 1. The vaccines were not rushed, they had much more funding and many more willing trial participants than ever which allowed for a much shorter development time. 2. Bruno's statement that most people are having a reaction after the second shot is incorrect. 3. There's no proof yet that having had Covid before protects you from getting it again. A vaccine is your best defence.

Whatever your beliefs around the virus and vaccine, please make an informed decision.

Last edited:
You are correct, i should have said that some people had a reaction after the second shot, not most people.

I’ve mostly avoided weighing in..... till now.
I agree 100 percent with snopro.
When the vaccine first came out I had a long chat with my Dr that I trust implicitly.
He said that the concern about it being “ rushed” was a false narrative.
This vaccine is based in many prior years of research. What was done in the past year was to tweak it to combat this particular virus. And as the virus mutation continues they will most likely tweak it again.
I got my first shot with absolutely NO issues. Second one comes on April 2.
I recognize the rights of every one to do as they see best for themselves but please base that choice on legitimate information. Ask your Dr. And if you don’t trust your Dr then you are screwed anyways.
JMHO.
Stay safe and healthy, Everyone.
Peace.
Torchie

I’ve mostly avoided weighing in..... till now.
I agree 100 percent with snopro.
When the vaccine first came out I had a long chat with my Dr that I trust implicitly.
He said that the concern about it being “ rushed” was a false narrative.
This vaccine is based in many prior years of research. What was done in the past year was to tweak it to combat this particular virus. And as the virus mutation continues they will most likely tweak it again.
I got my first shot with absolutely NO issues. Second one comes on April 2.
I recognize the rights of every one to do as they see best for themselves but please base that choice on legitimate information. Ask your Dr. And if you don’t trust your Dr then you are screwed anyways.
JMHO.
Stay safe and healthy, Everyone.
Peace.
Torchie

Great post, Torchie!

My better half got her first shot in January and second in February. She had a sore arm each time, and her stomach was a bit off for a few hours.

My parents (over 65) are going this week for their first!

I still have to wait a bit for my turn... Bring it on, I don`t even care in which arm :)

The biggest concern I have are the mutations in the future because the
"rich" nations get all vaccine.

Great post, Torchie!

My better half got her first shot in January and second in February. She had a sore arm each time, and her stomach was a bit off for a few hours.

My parents (over 65) are going this week for their first!

Thanks snopro.
I don’t know how much I really taught my daughters but I did teach them this.
There are at least 4 things you absolutely need to trust . Your spouse. Your Dr. Your Mechanic and your dog.
If you don’t trust those 4 then you are screwed and will never be happy. Go out and find those 4 that you do trust.
I hear you Dutch. There needs to be an equal way to get the vaccines out to all that want it. Or we will never beat this .
Torchie

What SnoPro and Torchie are saying is 'get good information before you make any decisions', and I underline this concept. Thank you guys.
Don't be the sort of person that doesn't take the vaccine because of worrying about a sore arm for a few hours, and completely forgetting about being able to fight off the deadly virus. Not only will you prevent your own sickness or death, [and this is important], you will lessen the chance of spreading the virus to others.

I agree with Torchie, if you don't trust all those dang doctors, then it's not them that is screwing you, it's YOU who is screwing you.

Last edited:
Yes follow all the rules. Even if they don't make any sense. Just do what the authorities tell you. Not arguing about the vaccine. I got my shots. Some people have a legitimate concern about all vaccines for children. I haven't studied it because I don't have a personal concern. But I respect the beliefs of others.

Attachments

• thumbnail[1].jpg
    thumbnail[1].jpg
    82 KB · Views: 17
I've registered with NMDOH. I have not heard back to schedule. :)

For what it is worth...
My Dr ( once again ) advised-me about a month ago to go ahead and sign up at multiple places. And then go to whom ever contacts you first. So we did.
I would suggest the same for you.
Good luck and stay safe.
Torchie

I can’t even sign up until April.....or later. I’m going to try and get the J&J shot, you only need one with it. Hard enough to find time to get it once, much less twice.

I never take the flu shots, or anything else for that matter. Guess since I’m going over the hill now I’m going to have to start doing stuff I don’t want too.:rolleyes:
Before my recent hospital stay, I hadn’t been to a Dr in over probably 15 years. I’d just tough it out. If it got too bad, I’d go to a emergency care deal, get a shot and go about my business. It’s weird, from what I discussed with several Drs and nurses during that stay, I determined I had Covid in Jan 2020, and they agreed with me. And a couple of shots were all it took to get rid of it? I must have been lucky and had a mild case.

And I was around my wife when she had it this year, 2021, and I didn’t get it again. Yet their test said I didn’t have any antibodies, go figure. So I don’t think I need the shot, but will probably get it anyway.

Everybody will probably end up having to carry proof you had it to get in some places.

I walked in to my clinic on a Tuesday and got an appointment for that Thursday. It was so slick I'm going to do it again. Never know how long it lasts. Can't be too careful.

Latest posts

Back