No other like it.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made that steering wheel thing pretty difficult between forgetting to tighten the collet on the boring head, boring the hole a little too big and welding the spline in upside down the first time. Guess I'm not used to working with an audience.

I think It turned out pretty good in spite of me.

Did you get the motor running Sunday?

I'd say that he was happy with your work...

working with an audience isn't so bad..just gotta give them popcorn and have them shut up and watch the show...:D

Attachments

• audiance eating popcorn.jpg
    audiance eating popcorn.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 16
hi,following your build,doing a 47 ford p-up,what did you use for the steering box?i like the truck,cant wait till its donemkeep the pics coming.

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 158" inches - so about 20" in front of the motor. Like driving a bus from the rear seat. That will be interesting.

The manifold and actually the whole engine is way outside the box - I like it.

Steering wheel looks great in the photos.

hi,following your build,doing a 47 ford p-up,what did you use for the steering box?i like the truck,cant wait till its donemkeep the pics coming.

The box is from a 67-72 Chevy pickup. It's a fairly standard Saginaw box, so lots of different pitman arms will fit as long as they're for a manual box, and the steering shaft is almost universal. My steering shaft is from a 90 something jeep cherokee, and the pitman arm is from an early 80s right hand drive mail jeep. I have found that the power steering boxes have a larger diameter sector shaft, and the pitman arms don't interchange with manual boxes. On my 59 Chevy, I have pitman arm from a 70 something Scout, on a late 80s Camaro power steering box, and Jeep steering shaft.

Wow! Awesome build. I love the turbo set up. Im contemplating turboing my 50 ford right now. This def give me motivatin and inspiration. Looks good Love the uniqueness!

I didn't realize that a turbo would work in that configuration. I thought the boost had to be put in above the carb rather than suck through. Is that the way you have it set up? I'm still not sure about the distance between the carb and intake, plus mixed gas going thru the turbo. It will probly make it a booger to start because the mixture has to travel so far before getting to the combustion chamber. Also after shut down, there will be alot of mixed gas ready to fire in all that space. By next morning it will have dissipated making for a hard cold start again.

I had my propane motorcycle backfire and I had a large space of mixed gas in the plenum. It stretched the aluminum plate over the bolts holding it together. I had to decrease the amount of air space between to prevent that and make a quicker cold start.

It looks awesome. You may have discovered the best way ever to get awesome fuel mileage.

thanks for the info.i may look you up as i am drivint out to phx. in a couple of months,ill be there for a couple of days,then heading back home via fargo minn. to pick up a 58 ford that i bought.i like the propane idea,cant wait to see how it all works.good luck.

I didn't realize that a turbo would work in that configuration. I thought the boost had to be put in above the carb rather than suck through. Is that the way you have it set up? I'm still not sure about the distance between the carb and intake, plus mixed gas going thru the turbo. It will probly make it a booger to start because the mixture has to travel so far before getting to the combustion chamber. Also after shut down, there will be alot of mixed gas ready to fire in all that space. By next morning it will have dissipated making for a hard cold start again.

I had my propane motorcycle backfire and I had a large space of mixed gas in the plenum. It stretched the aluminum plate over the bolts holding it together. I had to decrease the amount of air space between to prevent that and make a quicker cold start.

It looks awesome. You may have discovered the best way ever to get awesome fuel mileage.

you are correct draw-thru setups make for hard start and lots of other problems i could also see it running lean really esay

personally i was running your setup i would put another carb at the intake setup for blow-thru that way it would start esaier and you would have extra fuel the only downside would be you have to have bypass valve and it would be squirting out fuel in between shifts

Im no expert by any means, but wouldnt you have the potential for pre detination when the turbo gets under pressure since compressed air gets hot? Might not get hot enough to detonate before entering the cylindar but its a thought. Hate to see your setup explode :)

ya just noticed that once people started ponting it out. That turbo set up is bothering my a bit. Ive been around turbo car all my life and have a turbo M3 right now and that just seels a lil dangerous. Mixing gas in the turbo then trying to push it into the engine. also that height of the turbo and trying to get a good mixture while traveling upwards is going to be very hard. Im with the other guys and say put the carb on the other side of the turbo for better fuel mixture.(unless you h ave something up your sleve that we dont knwo and you know this is going to work). enlighten us and let us k now if you have something worked out

Latest posts

Back