So how long do you guys keep your Rat rods???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikec4193

Hi everybody

I was just thinking about this...I got my current edition of the rat rod magazine and they had a build off (30 days & $3,000.00) featured in it....very very cool stuff for sure....so I was thinking how long can these things actually stick around for ???

I am on a vintage Jeep website and those guys keep their stuff forever it seems...we are talking some families have had Jeeps since they were new back in the 1940's and 1950's...

Just wondering out loud...how long do you guys keep your projects once you get them done ???

MikeC

(P.S. I have such extreme ADD I rarely even get something finished and I wanna try something else)...

Hi everybody

I was just thinking about this...I got my current edition of the rat rod magazine and they had a build off (30 days & $3,000.00) featured in it....very very cool stuff for sure....so I was thinking how long can these things actually stick around for ???

I am on a vintage Jeep website and those guys keep their stuff forever it seems...we are talking some families have had Jeeps since they were new back in the 1940's and 1950's...

Just wondering out loud...how long do you guys keep your projects once you get them done ???

MikeC

(P.S. I have such extreme ADD I rarely even get something finished and I wanna try something else)...

Done? [S

We have had our lil coupe since early 2010, we just keep changing stuff on it. But I tend to keep cars around and struggle with letting them go.

Friends of mine, tho, they get their enjoyment from the build more than the ownership, so they seem to hold on to them for only a year at most when they send them on to the new owner for a tidy profit it seems.

enjoyment from the build more than the ownership, so they seem to hold on to them for only a year at most when they send them on to the new owner for a tidy profit it seems.

I am yet to master profit let alone Tidy profit. I miss having a driver but I still have plenty to work on.

Done? [S

We have had our lil coupe since early 2010, we just keep changing stuff on it. But I tend to keep cars around and struggle with letting them go.

Friends of mine, tho, they get their enjoyment from the build more than the ownership, so they seem to hold on to them for only a year at most when they send them on to the new owner for a tidy profit it seems.

im kinda like his friends I really enjoy the build driving is fun - but the build and the chase is hands down the best part longest build ive owned to this point is 3 years (but I have owned the challenger for 38 years)

Attachments

• newyork 001.jpg
    newyork 001.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 35
  • newyork 263.jpg
    newyork 263.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 37
  • newyork 234.jpg
    newyork 234.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 37
  • camera phine 003.jpg
    camera phine 003.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC06548-th.jpg
    DSC06548-th.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCN3334%20(480x360).jpg
    DSCN3334%20(480x360).jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 29
  • todds pics 005.JPG
    todds pics 005.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 30
  • camera phine 012.jpg
    camera phine 012.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 25
Like many of you I have had many "cool" cars including some that today are really big buck types. Like a survivor Chopped and channeled 32 five window Ford with a full on Flathead. (Guy that bought it was going to turn it into an American Graffiti clone:eek:) Just for an example.
Some were around for a while. Some where not. Never bought any of them with the intention of selling. But S*** happens.:D
To me the best one is the one that I am working on at the time. I don't spend my time missing what I used to own or wishing for what I don't have......
Torchie.

so far i just keep em forever
unless a money emergency comes up.
but if i dont HAVE to have money right away.
i dont sell

I built mine the way I want it to be 7 years and 30,000 miles ago. I'm keeping it. If I was building it to sell, I would have built a typical theme style rat rod that gets a lot of looks.
Tim

I've had my Anglia for at least 35 years. The rest are 20 years or less. For a while I could build a car and add it to the fleet. Now, I have to sell one to build a new one.

Since building is my favorite pastime, I'll continue to sell one at a time to build another one.

I've had my Anglia for at least 35 years. The rest are 20 years or less. For a while I could build a car and add it to the fleet. Now, I have to sell one to build a new one.

Since building is my favorite pastime, I'll continue to sell one at a time to build another one.

i like your car.[cl i don't know where i have been, but i don't remember ever seeing it, or maybe crs.

Latest posts

Back