1948 Thriftmaster

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all!
Finally received my vibrant resonators, so they are installed now. The truck sounds about the same, but I won't know if it solved my drone issue until I can drive it again. My laneway is a bit of a mud hole right now so a test drive is likely a little ways off yet. I'll be disappointed if the drone is still there, but I do have room for a crossover tube, and then J tubes if I get really desperate!

I don't recall, are those Flowmasters or a knockoff? If flowmasters, what series? Did you end up installing tailpipes yet?

Thanks again guys. The drone was really annoying just off idle, like when I'd crawl out my laneway, or if it slipped into overdrive at around 60 k. No, I didn't put any tailpipes on it yet, for a few reasons - it's pretty low, and it looked near impossible to work around the triangulated 4 link, coilovers and gas tank. I didn't want to under the axle, and I really didn't want to run tail pipes all the way to the back of the truck anyway. I like the incognito look....I still get people in town wondering if it's just an old truck that sits too low :)
The mufflers are flowmasters, 50 series if I remember correctly. I love the sound - deep and not raspy.
I did get the truck out for a short ride yesterday, it's been sunny and windy for a few days so things are starting to dry up around here. The drone is very much improved, good enough that I'll likely leave it as is. The steering feels slightly heavier after the alignment change. I had a slight oscillation in the steering wheel so I had installed a pair of hubcentric rings on the front wheels and that seems to have solved that problem as well. Now I'm just waiting on some decent weather!

In keeping with Smallfoots update on the patina treatment, I decided it was time to give my truck a good wash and treatment. I'm hoping to make it to a fair sized local show Saturday morning. Before, during and after. Patina Sauce. I've done it twice now and probably still have 2/3 of the bottle left.

Attachments

• 20220609_105816.jpg
    20220609_105816.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 20220609_124147.jpg
    20220609_124147.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 20220609_134532.jpg
    20220609_134532.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 28

Latest posts

Back