How's your weather????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You win hahahaha. That's to damn cold sir!!

I'm not trying to "one up" anybody, but it is bloody cold here right now.

I experienced something new today. Our service van had a low tire, so I stopped at one of the few gas stations with an air hose... I fiddle fussed with the rigid hose and small chuck for eight seconds... lost my patience, peeled my glove off and pressed the chuck bare hand... that worked, but I burned my thumb and index finger like the chuck was recently pulled from a forge. (I've heard about "freeze burn" but never accomplished it until today.)

It's -37c here right now, hope the pickup starts, gotta go to the city this morning.

Did it start? Did you make it back alive?

I can't disagree. I go running outside with a group at -30°C and below. It's all about dressing for the conditions no matter what you're doing, and being prepared to spend longer than you plan for outside.

I see "Polar Plunge" in your future. ;)

I experienced something new today. Our service van had a low tire, so I stopped at one of the few gas stations with an air hose... I fiddle fussed with the rigid hose and small chuck for eight seconds... lost my patience, peeled my glove off and pressed the chuck bare hand... that worked, but I burned my thumb and index finger like the chuck was recently pulled from a forge. (I've heard about "freeze burn" but never accomplished it until today.)

I see "Polar Plunge" in your future. ;)

Freeze burn really hurts!

I've done Polar Plunge once so far Doc! It was a cold day too. Gonna do it next year again :cool:

Yes it did, but the automatic climate control decided we didn't need heat, so we never got to leave.

Wonderful. I love control systems designed and tested in California. ( No offense to our Cali members.)

Freeze burn really hurts!

Damn right. It's exactly the same as a hot burn. I believe it's offroadrolls clever signature that reads, "Hot things look just like Cold things." I've always liked that signature, but in recent light, I have to steal and modify his words... "Cold things burn just like Hot things."

I've done Polar Plunge once so far Doc! It was a cold day too. Gonna do it next year again :cool:

I'm too old for that s**t. (I'd die from thermal shock and/or cardiac arrest.) I dare you to do it again and post a photo or two, unless you're doing it naked... if that's the case, kindly ignore this message...

Wonderful. I love control systems designed and tested in California. ( No offense to our Cali members.)

Damn right. It's exactly the same as a hot burn. I believe it's offroadrolls clever signature that reads, "Hot things look just like Cold things." I've always liked that signature, but in recent light, I have to steal and modify his words... "Cold things burn just like Hot things."

I'm too old for that s**t. (I'd die from thermal shock and/or cardiac arrest.) I dare you to do it again and post a photo or two, unless you're doing it naked... if that's the case, kindly ignore this message...

Nope, I definitely wear swimwear... I'll make sure to post some PG photos haha.

On Friday I had to torque a friend's wheel at work, after my torque wrench had been sitting in my truck all day I grabbed it out of the case with my bare hand. Same day you had mentioned freeze burn. Yeah... :mad:

Hows the weather? Smashing my good man!

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1001sm.jpg
    IMG_1001sm.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 16
Supposed to get nasty here by morning again and of course I have 2 DRs. appointments that I already had to cancel once before. They are taklking high winds and 9-11 inches of new snow.
I grow weary......
Torchie

Supposed to get nasty here by morning again and of course I have 2 DRs. appointments that I already had to cancel once before. They are taklking high winds and 9-11 inches of new snow.
I grow weary......
Torchie

I hear ya Torchie mid -40 windchills here again today.

Still snowing here. Suppose to start warming up some can start the flooding stage !!

All appointments cancelled again today. The local snowmobile club is claiming a projected snow fall of up to 20 inches for my county by the end of the week. LOL
Torchie

Happy Valentines day from the Northland.
Supposed to get more snow tonight.lol
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5698.jpg
    IMG_5698.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 9
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 10
I'm officially tired of the cold 26 days straight today. -33c as I write this and the wind is supposed to come up. Looks like this Arctic blast is here for another 7 days.

Crazy winds and temperature swings yesterday and today. +9C at noon yesterday, -7C by the evening. Nothing like you guys out west though. Lost a few shingles in the severe winds too. Wife and I usually try to go south for a little "winter relief" about this time of year but the doctors won't allow any travel yet.

Latest posts

Back