Covid induced Ferguson TE20

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a parts gathering day in town and acquiring a parts Perkins motor for a Cockshutt 40 diesel that is also getting whipped into shape, I took the final brake drum off the Ferguson and washed the whole wheel area. The brakes looked good.
pic one is the grease nipple in the brake pedal pivot.
pic two is the right hand side brakes.

Attachments

• IMG_2472.jpg
    IMG_2472.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2473.jpg
    IMG_2473.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 23
I took the chin piece off and beat on it some more. It was easier to straighten out the side lower pieces without it. There were many little and a few bigger dings in the front at the top so I beat on the whole thing today. The last picture is the chin back on and welded there at the crank hole. It wasn't supposed to come apart there but it was broken.

Attachments

• IMG_2476.jpg
    IMG_2476.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2477.jpg
    IMG_2477.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 19
It's been so rainy here that I can't use my big pile of outside sand, so I went to town and bought some bags of sandblasting sand. So here's the hood two thirds done and some body filling done.

Attachments

• IMG_2479.jpg
    IMG_2479.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2481.jpg
    IMG_2481.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 19
I got caught up on yardwork today and some tractor work. The sandblasting is done on the hood, more body filler applied, more sanding body filler off, and the inside of the hood is primed.
Guys, don't rebuild a Ferguson, OK. The old paint is grey, the sandblasted panels are grey, the primer is grey, and then the paint is grey. It's really hard to brag successfully about how much you have done when all of the pictures look the same.

Attachments

• IMG_2482.jpg
    IMG_2482.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 17
Guys, don't rebuild a Ferguson, OK. The old paint is grey, the sandblasted panels are grey, the primer is grey, and then the paint is grey. It's really hard to brag successfully about how much you have done when all of the pictures look the same.

Maybe should have used red oxide primer? :confused:[S[ddd:D:D:D

The three point hitch needed attention, so today I attended it. The non-adjustable lift arm was bent so I straightened it. Now, the adjustable side lift arm was seized up in three places, bent in two places, and broken and welded back together crookedly in two places. Two grease nipples were broken off, also. pic one is the adjustable arm fixed and greased.
I also did a little bit of body work, and cursed my air compressor for seizing up.

Attachments

• IMG_2483.jpg
    IMG_2483.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2484.jpg
    IMG_2484.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 20
Thank you 28.
More sanding and body filling today, so now the top of the hood is in etch primer waiting for a coat of high-build primer and some light sanding. That still leaves the finishing up on the front yet.

Latest posts

Back