A Hupmobile ???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tail Light Tuesday

Went to the Wed. boys lunch, held on Tuesday cuz of Christmas, and my young friend had these well worn Pontiac tail lights for the roadster body. Thanks Titus.

Attachments

• lite 001.jpg
    lite 001.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 32
Hard to believe this body has been sitting for almost two years waiting for me to get my butt in gear.

Yesterday Dave and I moved the frame, a late 20's Dodge frame, I believe, into the garage. Had to get it out of the trees before it froze in. I brought the body in from the back garage a few weeks ago.

Got a good running 305 Chevy and a couple 350 trannies. Also a couple 8" rear ends. Front axle will be either early Chevy or later Ford truck. I have a quarter elliptic front and rear spring set up from a 20's Chevy Model 490. Not sure about using it. Pretty primitive.

Trying to be economical and use up parts I have lying around.

I'm in the measuring and decision phase now, while I continue on the Renault.

Attachments

• Driver Exh & Hup 001.jpg
    Driver Exh & Hup 001.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Driver Exh & Hup 004.jpg
    Driver Exh & Hup 004.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 34
Yes Torchie, you can walk around it. In fact, car clubs have taken tours and had picnics there. Skip, who took over from his dad is very agreeable. He's responsible for organizing the yard. When I go there with my friend Titus, we make a pile of parts and Skip gives us a "pile price" instead of pricing every item. A very good deal.

Dozer, the chiropractor I bought the frame from thought is was a '28 Dodge.

Dragged another piece of the puzzle into the garage today. A Chevy Model 490 front suspension. Chevy used it from the mid teens til about 1921. Gonna see if this hundred year old suspension is viable in today's world.

My young friend Titus, mentioned above, found this suspension, and the matching rear suspension on one of his old car hunting trips. He picked it up for me.

Attachments

• 490 001.jpg
    490 001.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 490 002.jpg
    490 002.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 490 003.jpg
    490 003.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 30
Bob, you are definitely a tin magnet, that is one neat piece of history, I'd use it:) Looks like it did farm duty in its past with the scabbed on axle fix and tie rod hitch.

Bingo! must have been used for a farm trailer. Interesting the spindles are swapped side to side. As a car it had cross link steering. Not very common back then.

Latest posts

Back