Another 1928 Tudor A-Bone

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
neato! count me in [cl[cl[cl

I was wrong. There was nothing worth the asking price left of it. He wouldn't even consider my offer. Just walked away. It was a nice drive coming home. I took the long way, hoping to spot some other treasure along the country roads. Not my day to buy parts.

when its like that I usually dont make an offer, I just give him my number and say I dont want to make you mad but I cant get to what you are asking, if you ever get sick of looking at it give me a call.

most times they dont call but sometimes they do!

neato! count me in [cl[cl[cl

when its like that I usually dont make an offer, I just give him my number and say I dont want to make you mad but I cant get to what you are asking, if you ever get sick of looking at it give me a call.

most times they dont call but sometimes they do!
Good idea, joedoh. Leaving the door open for later can often pay off.
I am pretty good at guessing at how folks will react to counter offers and the like. In this case, I asked if there were any more parts to the car that might entice me to spend what he was asking. I could tell he wasn't interested. So I thanked him for his time, and had a pleasant drive home.

I admire a guy who can have a 'sought after deal' go bad, and then have a pleasant drive home. I have a hard time getting one part of my brain to tell another part to 'lighten up, eh'.
I also like the idea of leaving the situation open for the future. It has worked for me.

I admire a guy who can have a 'sought after deal' go bad, and then have a pleasant drive home. I have a hard time getting one part of my brain to tell another part to 'lighten up, eh'.
I also like the idea of leaving the situation open for the future. It has worked for me.

We've gone to look at a potential project countless times only to return with an empty trailer. Sometimes the best decision you can make is to pass on it or wait for the guy to come around (or not).

I agree with you Snopro, you have to know when to say no. My point was more that I have a harder time, having a pleasant drive home after a 'non-deal', than saying no to a poor transaction. Of course, I'm not that good at saying no, either. Hence, a healthy project inventory.

I agree with you Snopro, you have to know when to say no. My point was more that I have a harder time, having a pleasant drive home after a 'non-deal', than saying no to a poor transaction. Of course, I'm not that good at saying no, either. Hence, a healthy project inventory.
By your reckoning then, I have a healthy waistline. [cl All kidding aside, you do have a great inventory.

Making some hinges shouldn't be a problem for you. I made the ones on the "Nuttin Special" out of 2x4" tube steel 6 years ago. It's been my daily driver every day in and out of a mile long, bumpy, dirt drive. Hinges are doing fine.

Making some hinges shouldn't be a problem for you. I made the ones on the "Nuttin Special" out of 2x4" tube steel 6 years ago. It's been my daily driver every day in and out of a mile long, bumpy, dirt drive. Hinges are doing fine.
Heading to your build to see how you did it. Thanks for the suggestion, smallfoot. I was thinking about replicating the stock hinges, but I am open to other ideas.

Still hunting for sheet metal parts. But I did add a couple pieces to the pile. Bought a Speedway 28 grille shell, and the cheapest 32 grille shell on eBay. The 28 looks like pretty good quality. The 32 somehow doesn't look as impressive. Nothing wrong with it that I can see. On the bright side, I won't have to feel bad about cutting it up a little bit. Thinking it will have to be a little shorter. Then again, I have a radiator in the rafters designed for a 32, so may have to leave it alone. Then again, I also have a gen one mustang style four-row with SBC outlet configuration.

They are back in the boxes for now. Pics are on eBay. But we already know what they look like.

I am pretty sure I will make my own sun visor, although new ones are only about $74.

The pieces I really need are crazy expensive, new or used.

Keep watching. You never know what will pop up.
I liked for a long time for that 49 Plymouth front bumper. I finally bit the bullet and bought one from eBay. Mainly because the seller guaranteed it was a front. More money then I wanted to spend but I needs it to move forward. The eek it arrives I find a set on FB market place for half the price. They are in their way here now.😳
So soon I will have to rear 49 Plymouth bumpers to try to peddle. 🤪
Torchie

Keep watching. You never know what will pop up.
I liked for a long time for that 49 Plymouth front bumper. I finally bit the bullet and bought one from eBay. Mainly because the seller guaranteed it was a front. More money then I wanted to spend but I needs it to move forward. The eek it arrives I find a set on FB market place for half the price. They are in their way here now.😳
So soon I will have to rear 49 Plymouth bumpers to try to peddle. 🤪
Torchie
When it rains... :D [cl

A while back I sprung for a windshield upper hinge, and stuck it in the pile of parts. Found a "lot" of Model A parts on eBay. Won the bid. Got a nice set of side garnish moldings for the windshield. The collection also included what appears to be a NOS set of the same for a 30/31. There were a few other things in the box, like a nice park brake handle, and some junk.

Today, I played a bit with an idea for a sun visor that has been bouncing around in my head. I think I kind of like the idea. Or I will like it better after I finish it. The back edge will lay back and flow over the top and the ends will have a round transition like the stock visor does. Its all about the louvers. Or more accurately just holes/slots/whatever.

Attachments

• Visor1_sm.jpg
    Visor1_sm.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 34
  • visor2_sm.jpg
    visor2_sm.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 36

Latest posts

Back