Montana Terraplane

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it running last weekend! Ran it again last night but the thermostat stuck. Cheap fix. Console built and gauges installed. Fuel tank, battery, and air pump mounted. Most of the wiring done. Now to see if I can get it to move. Should be up to 60 degrees here in Montana today, so I hope I can get her out of the shop for a short test run. Just a little snow in front of the shop door.

Drove the Terraplane in the 4th of July parade in Joliet today! Still waiting for the title and plates to make it legal.

Hi kk. When life handed you lemons [paid for a stolen car] you didn't whine about it, you made lemonade [Terraplane]. Right on! I also await your next pictures. It's too bad about your roof but you'll figure something out.
Keep on tinkering.

I got the troll out today to take a few pictures. I have all the documents in to DMV and patiently waiting for a title and plate. Took my wife for a short drive down the county road and back, and had the local police follow me half way home till he turned around. I had better be more careful.

Attachments

• Troll 001.jpg
    Troll 001.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 42
More pictures.

Attachments

• rear side.jpg
    rear side.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 99
  • engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 89
  • front wheel.jpg
    front wheel.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 85
  • rear wheel.jpg
    rear wheel.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 77
  • seats.jpg
    seats.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 88
  • console.jpg
    console.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 84
  • troll radio.jpg
    troll radio.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 91
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 80
Just got home with a newly installed hip. I hope I am recoved by the tme I get my title and plate. I want to drive!

Tried to talk the doc into getting me a used hip joint/ball to use as a shifter knob. No luck.

That body has nice lines. I was after one a few years ago but no luck.

Good luck healing from the hip replacement.

Thaks Bob. So far so good. I sure want to go out the shop, but my wife seems to think otherwise. I have plans to build some dead bolts for the suicide door using power door locks, and want to get started. Guess I had better wait a couple more days..

I love that Terraplane Coupe you have...my dad had one in his garage that was his dads for years until a garage fire took it from him...his was a 1937...no suicide doors but other than that a very similar ride to yours....I love the way yours sits...reminds me of the old oval track stock cars that used to race the many local tracks here in upstate NY...

Would an old VW bug roof maybe able to be cut and fitted you your body??

Oh yeah I have more family located in Malta Montana than I do in the upstate NY area I currently live in now...you guys have a wonderful state. I would love to visit there again....nothing like the Northern mid west for side open spaces...

thanks for sharing...good luck with your hip replacement...my mother has had 3 of them...wore one right out...:)

MikeC

Montana is a great place to go cruising. Can't wait to get my plates. Took my wife for a short ride down the county road, then turned around at the hghway. As I headed home, the local cop turned and followed me up the road, speeding right up on my tail. I was waiting for lights and forming my excuse as to why my wife MADE me take the car out without plates, when he turned around and headed back to town. I guess he was just curious. Good thing.

As for the roof, I am thinkng of making bows and putting a soft top on it to be different. Anybody ever tried a homemade soft top?

Hudson Coupe

Love your Hudson!

This might be hard to believe, but my wife and I also have a Hudson Teraplane each. Her's is a '36 4 door sedan and mine is a '36 coupe. Both came from the same older couple. I brought the sedan home which my wife fell in love with and over a matter of a few days was able to get me to agree to her having the car. 5 months later I was able to obtain the coupe. The reason for the history of our cars is having looked at you pictues I noiced that you are going fenderless. I was wondering if you still have the fenders from the coupe as I am looking to use fenders on mine. I have a friend that has '34-35 fenders, but they do not fit.

If your are interested letting go of the coupe fenders if you still have them I would like to get in contat with you. I am available by text or by phone. You can reach me at 916 four zero two 0612. I am in Sacramento and I can call you back for free if that works for you.

Thank you very much and I hope you have a speedy recovery!!

Joe Mac[/FONT]

Latest posts

Back