What are your plans for 2013?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

Ok, now that we have survived the end of the world on 12.21.12, and Christmas is over, what are you guys planning on for 2013. I always sigh a little sigh of relief when New Years Day comes........the Christmas rush is over and it feels like a fresh start. It is kinda like "Ok, made it through another year, maybe this one will be even better !" :D

I don't do well with resolutions, by February they are just a bunch of broken promises, but I do have some things I want to accomplish this year:

1) I have got to start taking better care of myself healthwise. I don't exercise anymore and I am feeling it. This year at Turkey Run I had to keep sitting down because I was just so out of shape. That has got to change. :(

2) I am going to go back to work. I have been retired for almost 3 years now and I hate it. I am bored, missing the extra money I used to have, and laying around is part of the problem outlined in #1 above. Not sure what I am going to look for yet, just have to start putting out some feelers from past employment.

3) I want to start being a better person. I find myself creeping into that Grumpy Old Man sterotype and let things bother me that shouldn't. I need to think twice before I act or say something. My ex GF used to say that old people would just blurt out stuff, regardless of what it was, and I need to get away from that pattern. :eek:

4) Carwise, I need to get more done on my project. Weeks go by when I don't even look at it, and that is why it is taking forever to get it done.

So, what are you guys looking forward to in 2013, and what plans do you all have ?

Don

A number of things pop into my head...

stay healthy is certainly first and foremost....get this knee back to at least 90% healed....no thoughts to retire...unless the Lord will see fit to allow me to hit the LOtto.....lol... get this truck "Thing" done and on the road....and get the grandson's truck into a driver would be nice too....Then...spend time with the grandkids....the wife....and generally stay busy enjoying the things that life brings....Wish I had some really great humanitarian plans but I generally try to be as good a person as I can....(really DougandDog)...lol
Not perfect, but try hard to be a good husband, father, grandpa and cop....and as for me and my family....serve the Lord with our hearts and minds and count our blessings for what he provides........God bless you all in 2013...may it be productive and prosperous for everyone on this site.....:D

Among other things, I'd like to finish my truck. Even though I am a ways out from that, I am closer than I have ever been and it's coming together exactly as I have envisioned. I tend to get preoccupied with time, so I usually don't like to set big deadlines. However, in June there is a show in Reno that I'd like to make it to so we'll see if I can get there.

Another thing I'd like to focus on is metal working equipment. I've been doing woodwork for over 25 years and I am bored with it. Lately I've been slowly (too slowly :D) adding metal working tools to my arsenal and I'd like to add more. As my Dad says, "you can do amazing things with the right tools."

getting to 2014 alive.,

Later :cool:

That is my plan.

Plus the misses and I are trying to find us a new house, one with or has room for a new bigger shop for me!! (Put an offer on one Friday, fingers crossed).

If I can acomplish those two things I will happily move on the 2014!

Plans for 2013, pay off some things, sell other things, pay off more things.

Hopefully buy a new daily driver sometime next year, along with hearing my rat actually running & driving...

The getting into shape thing is definitely a priority as well.

I used to set resolutions just to see me fail at sticking to them (setting yourself up for failure comes to mind)
As far as the shop goes, I'm adding another 20' to it so, I will have a place to put the 60 ton 1/4" 10 foot press break, a friend sold me. It will allow me to expand my sheetmetal abilities.
As far as the rods go, in a couple weeks I'm pulling the 4 dr 33 Pontiac in the shop and starting on it. Gonna build a sedan delivery.
I'm 62 and I don't ever see myself retiring.

I have a nice pear shape going on, that maybe needs a little firming up. It is looking like most of my woes in life will be coming to a close in next couple months. I am looking forward to a putting the bad aside and having a fresh start and do things better this go round. So for me this year is going to be about rebuilding my life.

Looking to finally get out of a bad marriage after what seems to be an eternity! Get back on my feet financially and get my life straight....fortunately its a mutual thing so no animosity between us....

Hopefully get alot done to my Dodge pu. Of course that is what i said about 2010, 2011 and 2012. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..........but it is a very long tunnel!

Main goal is unfortunately less time working on cars and refocus on my career, get a better job. I've been kind of neglecting it for the past 2 years, focusing instead on my son (now 2 1/2) and car stuff.

Now that the boy is older & less work, need to get crackin' with job search. God I hate that stuff, especially "networking". Arrrgh!! :(

Finish the two bikes I started this year. Make more shows and cruises.

Find a new Girl Friend that does not cheat on you. LOl

And make it to 2014

I would like to focus on getting a new remodeling business going and getting out of this rut after my job loss, get back to working on the rods and finish some projects around the casa. :)

I plan on getting my life goals in order, been putting them off to long. Work on my leadership skills so I can advance in my career. I plan on finishing my 53 Project, getting my 64 Project running, and find me a 20/30s car to build in 2014. My biggest goal is to be a good Husband,Father, Grandpa, and make it to my 20 year anniversary next December.

First thing

Melt snow...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 14
No plans, I've found out the best way is to just go with the flow. Plan something, and 99.9999% of the time, something will change those plans.
So, I'm just gonna get done what I get done, and not sweat the things I don't get to. [P

Certainly work on being a better father for my boys and set a better example for them.

My excavation/demolition business isn't doing as good as it was due to a big job going south so I may try a new venture in hauling stuff as a independent contractor. I already have the equipment, just need to do it.

Eric

1. Workout more and lose weight

2. Be a better Dad

3. Be a better Husband

4. Be a better Son

5. Be a better Brother

6. Get the '27 running

7. Spend more time with the CARS group (Church group, we fix/repair cars for the unfortunate/needy)

Gonna lose some weight!

I'm shooting for just 20 lbs over weight. Gonna shave more often! I'm shooting for every other day instead of every 3 or 4. Gonna stop being so lazy about greeting newbies here at RRR! I'm shooting for 10 a month. Gonna finish the offroadrolls! We're getting close!! [cl[cl[cl

Latest posts

Back