Thursday at Gruber's

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like so many cars the older Edsels get the more appeal they have. To me anyway.
I too like them now better than when they were new.

snopro, out of 30 guys there, two were older than me. One was so sick a couple months ago his kids were picking out an urn for him. Another friend a year older than me recently entered a memory care facility. The guy with the '37 is 85 and still pilots his light planes.

Ed Iskenderian (Isky Cams) just turned 102.

Age is just a number if you are able to keep on truckin'.

I too like them now better than when they were new.

snopro, out of 30 guys there, two were older than me. One was so sick a couple months ago his kids were picking out an urn for him. Another friend a year older than me recently entered a memory care facility. The guy with the '37 is 85 and still pilots his light planes.

Ed Iskenderian (Isky Cams) just turned 102.

Age is just a number if you are able to keep on truckin'.

Exactly! I saw the Ed just turned 102, that's remarkable!

Last week I went on a mountain bike ride with my friend's dad Ken, he's 97! Granted, the mountain bikes were electric assist but 97? Ken lives in Rhode Island and bikes out to the ocean every day to eat his sack lunch. The ride is 18 miles round trip! Ken discounts the feat buy stating the path is for the most part, "fairly level" and that's how he's able to do it on his conventional bike w/o electric assist. Ken is from England and likes to tell the story about how he and his wife, Dales mom, rode through the Alps in 1952 on 3 speed bicycles. One of Kens many other hobbies is his flight simulator, Apparently, he's quite the 747 pilot and although he's never flown the real thing he's clocked more miles than most commercial pilots. Ken is living proof that age is a state of mind.[cl

Beautiful Night

Flyin' Brian showed up with his car purchase of the week. Pretty nice blown Big Block Chevy in this Falcon. Lots of good parts. It was built quite a while ago. Not a real race car.
And your father's '57 Chevy 4 door.

Attachments

• IMG_3300.jpg
    IMG_3300.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3301.jpg
    IMG_3301.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3302.jpg
    IMG_3302.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 24
Brian’s Falcon

Bob, you went home too soon. The falcon came off the trailer, and after a little fine tuning by Greg Schlore, it did some REALY nasty burnouts. It’s gonna need better slicks than the pie crusts it now has.

Bob, you went home too soon. The falcon came off the trailer, and after a little fine tuning by Greg Schlore, it did some REALY nasty burnouts. It’s gonna need better slicks than the pie crusts it now has.

It should do nasty burnouts without the blower. I wonder if the blower is even in play.

Went to a show close to home today. Took the Hupmobile. One tire has a flat spot so it was thump, thump at low speed.

Lots of pretty cars there. This truck was flawless and the Olds 88 was super. There was a couple Dodge trucks of this vintage but none lower. A Ford powered bucket. And almost last but not least, Brad and I don't know and Jerry in their polyester cars.
Anybody want to guess what this foreigner is?

Attachments

• IMG_3304.jpg
    IMG_3304.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3305.jpg
    IMG_3305.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3306.jpg
    IMG_3306.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3309.jpg
    IMG_3309.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3307.jpg
    IMG_3307.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3308.jpg
    IMG_3308.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3303.jpg
    IMG_3303.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I think Wolseley or Sunbeam? beautiful car either way... Must be pretty rare in your area :)

Wat to go, Dutch. A Sunbeam Talbot.

The Hup runs very well. Good manners with the stock 305. I think with a set of radials on it to soak up some of the bumps it would be a good road car. It needs a thinner seat back.

Well, what do ya know? An actual Thursday at Gruber's. A healthy Model A that a few attendees had a hand in building, Roger's '34 that he's had for over 50 years. One of my favorites; '66 Chevy II two door post. Ford Unibody is top notch all the way. Had this funny engine in it. Could be electric???:D
Yes folks, I drove the Hup roadster there, or almost there. Had to be towed in on a rope the last half mile. Quite a debut. Distributor hold down was loose and it went into drastic retard. Everyone jumped in and helped solve that and a few other little problems. The guy with the Chevy II jumped the battery. Greg provided some parts. The older I get, the more mistakes I make. The ride home was fast and uneventful. I did get compliments even though most of the guys there like shiny.

Attachments

• IMG_3315.jpg
    IMG_3315.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3316.jpg
    IMG_3316.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3317.jpg
    IMG_3317.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3320.jpg
    IMG_3320.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3319.jpg
    IMG_3319.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3321.jpg
    IMG_3321.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 22
Thank you for the pictures. And thanks for the shot of your Hup.
Shame on me; as I went to a car show tonight too and didn't take a picture of my own car in it. I have a few others though.

Latest posts

Back