Uni-lug slots - what vintage?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam_Fear

Brother Rat
So what vintage are the slots? Are they even useable like this with chipped inner lips in spots - well, after cleaning them up? I've got all 4.

I got some rings and caps too! Maybe I'll get closer pics latter, because I'm not sure what most are. Got a nifty bike too!

Attachments

• IMGP8700a.jpg
    IMGP8700a.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMGP8701a.jpg
    IMGP8701a.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMGP8702a.jpg
    IMGP8702a.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMGP8703a.jpg
    IMGP8703a.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
you will have to get the egg shaped washer to put them on anything to keep them centered up on the studs , dont know about the chip though I had the solids like this on my 31 at one time

Those look to be ET slots from the 60's or 70's. Like yankee said, you will need the oval ET washers that fit what ever pattern you have. The chips look to be on the outside of the bead area, so they should seal up fine. I wouldn't want to run them on a open wheel car, but if they're tucked up under the fenders nobody will ever notice them.

If the chips worry you too much, you could build that area up with weld, and then cut it back down to size. There are companies that do work like that, but are pretty costly.

Thanks fellas. The slots are my next door neighbors - he was cleaning out one of his sheds and 're-discovered' them.

Do ya think a $100 for all 4 is fair for the condition or am I being cheap? I don't think he's got the washers, but 50/50 I'd need different ones anyhow.

Next up, my hubcaps....

...are they 14's, or 15's?...14's aren't worth any more than scrap value...$100 might be a good price if they're 15's, and not totally destroyed...of course, $75-$80 would be better!

see if anyone can even get the washers and you have to have the nuts too. they have a long neck on them that fits inside the washer ,,,, so if you cant get the washers and nuts ,, they are worthless .... JMO

They're 15" and you can still get the nuts and washers. Maybe I'll offer him $80 and another 5$ per rim for his kids if they clean them up a little for me. :)

15" slots, even in that condition are well worth it IMHO. The gasser guys have run the prices up on slots, try finding a 15 x 10 for less than $250 a wheel. :eek: While those are a bit chewed up, like I said before, a little time with a welder and a grinder will make them like new. And they can be polished to a mirror shine, but it will take a bit of work. I was thinking about getting 15 x10 and 15 x 6 or 15 x8 for my car, but I can buy new Torq Thrusts for about the same money.....

Latest posts

Back