An alternative to a pneumatic right angle die grinder

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willyD

I had been searching for an electric right angle die grinder for awhile because I don't have a big enough air compressor to run a pneumatic one. I found a few that were advertised as die grinders but they were way too expensive for me. I mostly wanted one to run a 2" roloc disk setup on. I stumbled on a roloc adapter for a 5/8-11 angle grinder arbor and picked it up. http://abrasives4sale.com/holders.htm If you scroll down a little, you'll see it. It comes with a 1/4" shank as well. I looked at a bunch of angle grinders after that and ended up buying a "new other" Makita 4" grinder off ebay for about 30 bucks. It's nice and light and well balanced. Works great for me. I thought some of you guys might be interested in this since a lot of us don't have big compressors and running the little roloc pads is really nice for body work. Also, it took quite a bit of searching to come up with a nice solution.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    92.8 KB · Views: 72
Neat adapter. Neat website, too, looks like some good prices. Those carbide burrs are way cheaper than the last one I bought locally. I think I paid about $30 for the barrel one they list for about $5. I may order a few of those, they are great for enlarging holes when you can't drill them out as well as cutting down edges.

I bought a roloc adapter and discs from Harbor Freight a few years back. I've used them a few times in my air die grinder, but I need one of those 90* ones too. Sometimes the straight one is a bear to use.

Latest posts

Back