Something jumped up in my truck today! What is it?!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
When I pulled in the garage of my vaca home today... something jumped up in my truck. It looked good so I decided to keep it! I tried to get a good picture of it but my stupid thumb sorta got in the way? Know what it is?!?

BoB

Attachments

• engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 238
A flathead six????

When I pulled in the garage of my vaca home today... something jumped up in my truck. It looked good so I decided to keep it! I tried to get a good picture of it but my stupid thumb sorta got in the way? Know what it is?!?

BoB

Kinda looks mopar like....??[S

hmmmmmm i'm thinkin' lincoln! as in v-12

Lincoln V12. I sold a couple of those. I should have kept one.

Yep... V12 out of a Lincoln Continental. Bought it because it still runs. I've probably posted this B4 but's it's for my next build... a RPU bobber patterned after a rendering by Thom Taylor. Mine won't be purple or have a have a LaSalle grill. I brought it closer to my place since I'm fixin' to finally build my new garage!

BoB

Attachments

• truckster.jpg
    truckster.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 60
I've been moving my motors, tranny's & some other old tin to a new storage unit close to my new house & moved a 390 w/tranny attached last week. This Lincoln flattie is heavier with no tranny than the 390 w/tranny... sucker's a boat anchor. Here it is right B4 I left for H-town!

BoB

P.S.: Although the Ranchero sat looooow in the back... it ran like there was back there! [cl

Attachments

• inback.jpg
    inback.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 61
That's a cool looking motor, Bob, and you will have people who see it counting the spark plugs. :D Supposedly, those were very smooth running motors because of the V12 configuration.

What year is yours, Bob ?

Don

Man! I still can't figure out where those other 6 are at??

If it's laying on it's side the other head must be nearly verticle....[S
V12's really look cool as heck...nice score....

The later ones like you have are pretty good and much better than the early ones, which had some problems with longevity. Oil pumps etc are better. Sure will be a different motor in there. :D

Don

Nioce score! The ole Turino Camino didn't like its elder engine being in there did it! That roadster/speedster will be cool. [P

Great engines

Hey Tripper there is a local fellow here in Oregon who makes manifolds and heads (aluminum) for the V-12's. He has been doing this for years. His name is Ken Austin. He has a bunch of cool rods in his collection. He also makes a quick change set-up for using with the old banjo style rearends. I am not sure how to get in touch with him but I suppose you could try to Google him. He knows a lot about these engines and has been racing and building cars for years. I believe he is in his late 70's or early 80's. He is an outstanding guy and is fun to talk with. His also very busy. His collection is in Newberg, Oregon. Good luck if you are interested. Steve

Latest posts

Back