model a parts?????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tattoocharlie

ok so i went with a buddy to what was left of an old model a(field find)he took the front end......as i was digging amongst the old rotting wood i found these.i believe they are either running board supports or possibly body mounts?they are rust free and are in amazing shape.one is longer than the other,so its definately for one side.i couldnt find any others........but hey free is free.......ANY HELP????????

Attachments

• model a.jpg
    model a.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 68
Is there 2 or 3 holes that would mount to the frame? Looks like two to me, Model A's have a 3 bolt pattern that bolted to the frame... With wood being still bolted to the one, I wasnt aware that a Model A had wood in the running boards, I know mine doesn't. But I could be wrong the wife tells me I am frequently.

I have to agree, not running board braces, the bolts are too long... made to go through wood somewhere, my guess would be roof braces. But i could be wrong also.

model a

this model a was actually what was left....someone back in the day made a trailer,cut and welded the frame.used the front end for the axle(doesnt make sense to me)part of the differential to fashion a tongue............so the wood may not be original to this part.

Yup, look like running board supports.

I would say they are running board supports but they have been cut up, looks like they cut off the mounting flanges that bolt to the frame and drilled a couple of new holes throught the center of the brackets.

Model a

I believe these are cut down running board braces. The mount where the 3 bolts attached to the frame as been cut off. Btw the early ar model a's had just 2 mount holes. These brackets were also forged.

For sure they are running board brackets that someone has hacked the ends off of for some reason. There is nothing else on a model a that looks like those pieces.

Don

Latest posts

Back