Tools that are essential to own.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iv'e seen that bit somewhere before tripp...

devo_colour_credit_unknown.jpg

DEVO drill bits! [cl

I have a HF bead roller and small rolled and flat steel bender, also a conduit bender, very handy for various projects. Oh and a 10ton press. :cool:

We didn't own a press until a few years ago but I was in HF and they had the 12 ton on sale, so I bought one. Now we wonder how we ever lived without one. It is handy for pressing out bushings and things like that and it does it gently without ruining the parts, like would happen beating on it with a hammer.

Don

low buck

I started out with a
-dewalt heavy duty 4.5" grinder I got new at an auction for $15 still in the plastic with 1 grinding disc(still has some meat on it after 10 years)
- Craftsman 4" bench vise (mounted to Kicker speaker basket to be mobile)from a yard sale after an old guy passed on( it wasnt originally for sale but I think i gave them $10)
- Licoln135 flux or gas ( about $500 ) tey dont sales these at our lowes anymore. I still only run flux because its my tote around welder.

for what is good to have!
- large crescent wrent to bend flat bar ( like a hand held brake)
- Oh those step bits and I prefer the dewalt selftappers don mentioned. prices go down around xmas
- membro grinding discs at tractor supply 10 for $5!
- lots of files ! I buy them every where. you feel at one with the metal with these (HAH)
-CLAMPS!
-tin snips

I could go on for days but staying low buck here is a no no!!!! I didnt have a good bench ginder so the dewalt went into the portable vise and the switches had a lock to stay on. Word great but very dangerous. then again I`ve used hammer handles as jack stands.please dont do that one for real.

And the most important item of all, is someone who will put those tools to good use and not complain,show up on time sober and not use the tubing benders as a hammer oh and put the tools up when he's done.

Most of the time if you don't have it a friend does,so go ask your buddy before you go buy it. Guys are guys we want to own everything but unless your pockets a lined with green it's hard to afford EVERYTHING so just ask around normally someone will let you use what you need....garage sales put HF to shame 99.9% of the time.

Latest posts

Back