test pic

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a 1950 Meteor. Hi Blue norther, I don't know if there was Canadian Mercurys in the '49 to '51 years, but there was in the '46-'48 era. I have seen some of them, and I have an American '47 Mercury and a '48 Monarch. The '49 Meteor may have replaced the '48 Canadian Mercury.

I believe you are correct.

According to Ford of Canada, they cut '48 Mercury production short in order to build its successor, the '49 Meteor. (based on the '49 Ford) Canadian Lincoln-Mercury dealers then became Lincoln-Mercury-Meteor. Naturally, they sold the "normal" Mercurys everybody's familiar with. To add further confusion, the '49 Ford Monarch was based on the '49 Mercury.

I like to simplify the thought process and simply call them FoMoCans. :D

P.S. A '51 Meteor Business Coupe...

http://regina.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...Meteor-Business-Mans-Coupe-W0QQAdIdZ478956913

See Dr. even you have to admit that the '49-'50 Meteor, with their Mercury grilles looked cooler than the '51's...... In fact, the Meteor in '49-'50 looks better than the shoebox Mercurys because the Ford back end is nicer than the Merc. [ddd

See Dr. even you have to admit that the '49-'50 Meteor, with their Mercury grilles looked cooler than the '51's...... In fact, the Meteor in '49-'50 looks better than the shoebox Mercurys because the Ford back end is nicer than the Merc. [ddd

I'm a GM guy, so I'll admit nothing. (No offense Mac, just fanning the fire a little! [ddd)

Seriously though, the Meteors are cool and make great conversation pieces, especially when parked next to a Ford sibling.

Here's a neat example. '54 Meteor Rideau Skyliner. One of 385 known and still flathead powered. (FoMoCan didn't switch to the OHV until '55)

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20130128/CARNEWS01/130129808

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1954-Meteor-Rideau-Skyliner.jpg
    1954-Meteor-Rideau-Skyliner.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 28
Dr. Crank, you've just explained to me why I had never heard of a 239 Y-block or a 254 Y-block when I was growing up; partly because Canada didn't get many overhead valve motors in 1954 Fords and partly my community only had one '54 and it was a Chev. Keep on spreadin' the word Dr.

All this Canadian talk is making me have a headache...

Can we talk about the Arcadian, Laurentian, parisienne, beaumont, or some GM stuff????? LOL....:D

I've heard of Blue Blocker sunglasses....

you know the kind that block out all the blue UV light??? lol....

Attachments

• blue blockers.jpg
    blue blockers.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 0
Quite a while ago, whoa, maybe even a long time ago, [early 70's] I went out with a girl who was driving a 68 Acadian, so I married her. I was driving a '68 Dodge SuperBee then and looked down my nose at the Nova look-a-like. Anyway, I talked her into selling that Acadian soon enough and I kept the SuperBee to this day, oh, and the wife.

Hey Bowtie, you're sorta right. I guess we're forgetting to say that this car is a factory built Ford with a Merc grille,------and 16 more cubes with a pinch of extra power, too. Best of all, Ford is not written in the steering wheel. :p :D

TMP, Yes, it's a 1950 Meteor. Probably, I should be able to tell from the park lights whether it's a '49 or a '50 but I can't. I can tell from the trunk hinges and the gas filler cap on that car that it is a 1950. That is a 1950 Ford hood thrown on there.
All the awards and accolades have been given out already, but you deserve a friendly wave for your correct answer.
Keep on tinkering.

Boy oh Boy TMP, How did you make out in school on those multiple choice tests with answers like yours? Four answers rolled into one,-----whoa---- guaranteed winner,-----except if you're suspected of bending the rules, then lashed with a fifteen foot whip aerial with a fox tail on the far end.

Latest posts

Back