international something truck what is it

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr mike

international something if you guys can help me out and let me know what model it is that would be great all i know is its a 1947
the tail gate has the word knox on it as well ??
i picked it up with moter and a 700r4 for $900
i got the moter running after a new gasket set ...the headers are just to test fire it.

this motor was out of a 79 chevy k1500 and when i took it down to put new gaskets on it i found it was 80 over thats nuts i have never seen that before!!

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid602.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Ftt103%2FMFBBARTON%2Fvw%2F090DF8E0-F363-4CAE-871E-6E88AC4A8D60.mp4">

I got nothing on the ID. Looks like a nice start.
I've seen one attempt at boring a 454 chevy to .80 over and it didn't work.
Good luck with it.

KB-1 or KB-2 Building a 49KB-1 myself. My 48 KB-1 parts truck has a KNOX bed, 7 1/2 footer. The 49 had a 6 foot bed that was quite different

So I know nothing about this truck
So it's like a k/b 1 or 2
And is the Knox bed Rare or is cool to cut
It up and shortin it. I would hat to cut something up
That hard to find.

I have no clue it was my buddies truck and back in high school we beat the **** out of it and then the trans went out and it sat for like 12 years
Then we got it running and then it sat for like another 10 years
And then I pulled it out of the barn but new gaskets in it
And she fired right up.
We use to put this thing in 4x4 mode and it would light up all 4 tires
I checked the block # and it a 1973 350

Wow, 080 over 350. You don't see that very often. Assuming the shop that bored it sonic checked it, you probably have a nice block for a foundation. I've a had a couple of 350's that were questionable going to 060 over.

Well it's bin a good Motor for us back in the day
And I just did a gasket kit in it and had the heads check so
I am hopeing it stays to geather for me.

International KB1

I know this post is a year old but I'm just now reading it. It is a '41-'49 International KB1 1/2 ton pickup alrighty. The one you have is a '41. I've had one of each and though they are virtually identical, the post year front ends had stainless steel grill bar strips and trim . Those leave mounting holes. The identical pre-war nose had no such bars and are thus hole free like yours. My first KB was a '46 ( 1971 ish). We (boys) fused the front clip together and hinged it so it would all hinge forward like a big rig. Put in a 283 Chev with a Saginaw 3 speed. VW bug seats. My second was a '41 panel truck that I installed a '41 front end onto. :) TLouisJ

Chop it !

We have one behind the barn, 3/4 ton, no bed. Criss Boggess, the Street Rod Fabrication instructor at UVU, has done a couple easy chops. He leaves the doors alone and takes out the bubble of the roof He cuts the spot welds and removes the inner roof . then the cuts the roof skin loose the windshield header . then splits the apost. takes a chunk from the windshield side, and lowers the header so the top of the door class and top of the windshield will be the same height. and usually chops the back of the roof to make a smaller rear window. Then he pie cuts the roof skin to take out the bubble top. when he gets it done they look right.

We have one behind the barn, 3/4 ton, no bed. Criss Boggess, the Street Rod Fabrication instructor at UVU, has done a couple easy chops. He leaves the doors alone and takes out the bubble of the roof He cuts the spot welds and removes the inner roof . then the cuts the roof skin loose the windshield header . then splits the apost. takes a chunk from the windshield side, and lowers the header so the top of the door class and top of the windshield will be the same height. and usually chops the back of the roof to make a smaller rear window. Then he pie cuts the roof skin to take out the bubble top. when he gets it done they look right.
Can you get us pics of that???

The Knox bed was a "grain-tite" bed, designed with tighter gaps so as to be able to haul grain without leaking.[;)

Latest posts

Back