What is this?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rex1927

Never seen one before,but I like it.

Attachments

• 00c0c_aR5JVPxcg5Y_600x450.jpg
    00c0c_aR5JVPxcg5Y_600x450.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 144
Without seeing a side pic, kinda tough to say but maybe an S10 Blazer/Jimmy - front end looks like a conglomeration of parts, possibly late 30's Chev fenders, part of a Hudson grille ?[S

Looks European to me. Definitely not S10 - the body curves in toward the front and the firewall is too small. Also, it has old 50's-70's style door handles.

sam your right it isn't a dime. i copied the pic to enlarge it and see a single fruit jar master cylinder. so i'm not sure what it is.

I've seen the emblem before, but just can't place it.

Looks like a 50's or 60's Ford emblem, maybe off a pickup. Looking at the cowl, it seems like the sides were smoothed and tapered in to narrow it, none of the usual fender mounting points. The grille may even be a handmade unit, some bent aluminum flat bar and fine mesh screen...:confused:

My first thought is, a mistake. Big round fenders on a square body don't seem to mesh well.

Looks like big truck, 1 1/2 ton or larger front fenders, 40's GM headlights, home made grill, the chrome trim pieces look like chopped up side trim from a 50's Buick, Olds or Pontiac. Body is for sure a late model, 60's-70's at least, has a curved windsheild, maybe Ford pickup with the cowl sides filled, grill emblem looks like early 60's Ford truck hood emblem. A side view would help, it might look better from the side, front view is kinda ugly.

i looked it up and man that thing is ugly, might have been good in there dream but not so good on the job.

Latest posts

Back