Thursday at A&W.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to A&W last night even though it was horrible outside. Cold and sort of rainy. Three other cars showed up and a couple more car guys without their old cars. I didn't go outside and appreciate or take pictures of the tough participants.
An interesting thing happened, though. The head dude and the helicopter pilot lady from the 'Lost Car Rescue' show out of Vancouver showed up looking for interesting stories for their show. I had dealt with the guy years before and he remembered me, so we hit it off quite well. We'll see how it will go, next week when I get my on camera interview. I'm not sure what they are after. Is it lots of cars, hard to get cars, cars with a good story, or a TV character? Or all of the above.

I was like you ZZ, saw the preview, but couldn't find the program. Today, while bragging and whining to my daughter, she wrangled up the show on our I-pad. There's a wee bit of that sickening 'reality show' drama, but not too much. Mostly it's about rescuing old cars with a winch truck, a crane truck, or a helicopter.

I really enjoyed the shows first season recorded all six episodes. The drama got a little less as the season progressed. They have a fan club on facebook that the cast follows pretty close and have been slammed hard about the drama. Season two might be a lot better.

That's good news, Dozer.
I remember being excited to watch Ice Road Truckers because I was a trucker and half my time was spent on icy roads. I didn't even get all the way through the first episode before I started throwing up. Real trucking is all about learning how to 'not screw up', and these clowns were reveling in 'screwing up'. Granted, that it was the TV crew that was calling the shots, so it wasn't the trucker's fault completely.

No news on the TV star front, so far.
I went to A&W again tonight and it was a nice evening with about 25 cars and trucks attending. There were quite a few new, old vehicles, so I took some pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_0530.jpg
    IMG_0530.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0531.jpg
    IMG_0531.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0532.jpg
    IMG_0532.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0534.jpg
    IMG_0534.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0535.jpg
    IMG_0535.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 18
More pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_0536.jpg
    IMG_0536.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0537.jpg
    IMG_0537.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0538.jpg
    IMG_0538.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0539.jpg
    IMG_0539.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0540.jpg
    IMG_0540.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0541.jpg
    IMG_0541.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0542.jpg
    IMG_0542.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 19
I had my 'Lost Car Rescue' interview today and it seemed to go well. It wasn't the head guy, but it was a guy that plays a part in the show and I happened to know him. The producer will now come and talk to me in a few days, and ask questions, I guess.

Well, Bob, ----- ah, -- ah, probably NOT. It turns out that I don't like 'canned' drama mixed in with my realism, and as far as I know you guys are pretty darn real, so, I lean toward You Guys, [real realism]. [I might be puffed up for a little while, though.]

Latest posts

Back