Willys long cab

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just caught up again.
Hows the finger doing? That hurt to just look at.

Everything else is looking good.

I was having a hard time seeing the stance of this thing in the shop with all the crap in the way so I stacked the front end on it and pushed it outside for a look see. The weather was beeeeutiful and the light was good.

The progress is resembling what I had in my mind.
Pushed it back in for more madness.

Attachments

• IMG-3353.jpg
    IMG-3353.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG-3350.jpg
    IMG-3350.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG-3345.jpg
    IMG-3345.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG-3344.jpg
    IMG-3344.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG-3341.jpg
    IMG-3341.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG-3340.jpg
    IMG-3340.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I'm glad you removed the 3" lift. [cl

What's with the rifle?

It was way wonky with the lift on it.

My bad on the rifle pic. that was for the BS category. I built my oldest son a new feral hog eliminator for his birthday. The hogs are wreaking havoc in Texas.

I moved the pic to the BS section.

Nailed it

Thanks. My plan is to try to avoid removing and installing the cab and bed so many times on this one. I'm going to fit every thing and even build the bumpers then take it all apart and do the engine relocation, then sand blast and paint the frame before the exhaust, wiring and brake lines etc. I bet I set my wifes cab and bed on three of four times.

looks great. :cool: The only thing my head has a problem with are those rear fenders... But that goes for all those Jeeps.

It's a Jeep thing for sure. They didn't spend a lot of research and development money on the rear fenders. The best thing about them is they are easy to change when you tear them up four wheeling.

I like it. Looks factory but better.[cl[cl

Thanks Kenny. I'm liking it too.

Looks great POPS! I'm also glad you removed the lift kit, it's just right now.

Thanks. I think it will drop on the front end about 2'' when I get the engine in it. But with the torsion bar set up on the front it will be simple to adjust it back to this stance. That's my thinking for now.

That's a beauty!

Thanks Smallfoot.
Still beatin on it.

I got the hood adjusted kinda today. Then I had to put the bling on it. They used this hood ornament on the '48-'49 wagons which is what the cab was cut out of. I liked it when I ran across one.

I also made the braces for the grille. I had hoped that I could use the radiator out of the Dakota donor but no way. Plan B is to pay the price for an aluminum radiator that will fit and cool Dodge engine.

Attachments

• IMG-3367.jpg
    IMG-3367.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG-3363.jpg
    IMG-3363.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG-3364.jpg
    IMG-3364.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG-3368.jpg
    IMG-3368.jpg