Dream House?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to have a Hangar size shop but I'm like kenny, 1 acre isn't much for that price. I think I had more land on my last place and it was in the city. With a house that size and the hangar I bet most your buds would have to park on the street. I think by the looks of that add it's one of those over priced deals where you're paying to be an affluent neighborhood and not necessarily getting much value for your money. I'll stay here out in this podunk place thankyou very much...:D

I agree with Small Foot. I have 13.5 acres and the neighbors are too close now. One is a junk yard, Three are siblings and the others I don't get along with. I' thinking of retiring to Citrus county area of Florida. I've been looking at what's for sale and I haven't found a big enough place yet The move won't be for about 5 years so I have time to keep looking.

Nice to have a Hangar size shop but I'm like kenny, 1 acre isn't much for that price. I think I had more land on my last place and it was in the city. With a house that size and the hangar I bet most your buds would have to park on the street. I think by the looks of that add it's one of those over priced deals where you're paying to be an affluent neighborhood and not necessarily getting much value for your money. I'll stay here out in this podunk place thankyou very much...:D

Yeah, you're paying to be in a nice neighborhood with a taxiway as your back alley. It's not intended for most mortals and most of us, but I thought you guys would get a kick out of it.

I much prefer my 3.5 acres where I can't see any of my neighbours out of my windows.

:DWe've got places like that down here. And I laughed out loud at your last statement "you guys would get a kick out of it". Most likely when you rolled up to the guard gate to get in while driving your kool rat, the guard would have a hissy and "kick you out"...[ddd:D

Actually not all are like that to be honest. I was invited by the owner of a place like that for a visit and I arrived in the rusty old Model A. The guard knew I was coming and he let me right in after stalling the few cars behind me to take a quick look and add his likes...the rest of the community looked like they were giving birth to a cow...

Awesome... I've been needing a good cheap place to keep my planes! :eek:[ddd:D

BoB

You're in luck! :p

:DWe've got places like that down here. And I laughed out loud at your last statement "you guys would get a kick out of it". Most likely when you rolled up to the guard gate to get in while driving your kool rat, the guard would have a hissy and "kick you out"...[ddd:D

Actually not all are like that to be honest. I was invited by the owner of a place like that for a visit and I arrived in the rusty old Model A. The guard knew I was coming and he let me right in after stalling the few cars behind me to take a quick look and add his likes...the rest of the community looked like they were giving birth to a cow...

I hadn't thought about it being gated, but you're right it looks like it is. Gated communities with security are very rare around here (even the big dollar communities aren't usually gated), so it hadn't crossed my mind. Luckily my neighbors have always seemed to enjoy my cars.

You sure painted a picture of the community response, though!

Last edited:
Big deal.
That would barely cover a lake front lot where I live.:eek:v:eek:
My little trailer is on 5 acres. I started out way back when with 40 and every move after that I decreased the acreage.
Next move will be to a smaller plot.
Torchie

Big deal.
That would barely cover a lake front lot where I live.:eek:v:eek:
My little trailer is on 5 acres. I started out way back when with 40 and every move after that I decreased the acreage.
Next move will be to a smaller plot.
Torchie

I grew up on 3.3 acres, spent about 17 years on various in-town lots, and now I'm at 3.5 acres where I plan to stay for quite some time.

I guess everyone has a different idea of the ultimate house/shop. To me, for 2.9 mil, I would come up with somewhat less fancy house and more serious shop, and as pointed out, more land. I'd like a sano shiny shop, but anyone who does fab work knows you need a separate area for creating metal stuff, oh then a body shop, paint booth, engine room, lounge area, - hmmm, easy to dream on......:cool:

I guess everyone has a different idea of the ultimate house/shop. To me, for 2.9 mil, I would come up with somewhat less fancy house and more serious shop, and as pointed out, more land. I'd like a sano shiny shop, but anyone who does fab work knows you need a separate area for creating metal stuff, oh then a body shop, paint booth, engine room, lounge area, - hmmm, easy to dream on......:cool:

Yeah, you cant have a TV shop and actually work in it. Although nice, I'd rather have a well layed out workable space!! Then a separate "show room" shop!

We drove through there just after Thanksgiving. Not much going on in Alpine WY.
Real small hardly any retail establishments. It's "down valley" from Jackson Hole WY. @ about 50 mins. For 2.9m I'd think one could do several Barndominiums, which is a lot what that looks like, IMO. Nice though

Snopro said "I hadn't thought about it being gated, but you're right it looks like it is. Gated communities with security are very rare around here (even the big dollar communities aren't usually gated), so it hadn't crossed my mind."

Funny story! back in 73 I worked for ma bell and back then there was a major subdivision going in one of my areas. This place was rich. Two gates with armed guards 24/7. Half million dollar houses back then were mansions. One weekend when some special event was going on, there were 22 home burglaries...
Seems the event was known to draw that crowd which made it pretty easy for one of the residents to do some pilfering. You have to wonder. Are they trying to keep someone out or in...:D

Latest posts

Back