Oyama B.C. early Bird gathering

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zzrodder

It ain't grey hair, it's chrome!
A small gathering today under threatening skies, first public appearance for the Packard, people seem to like it, it will be gone to Van. Island soon to be hidden away. A few cars that caught my eye, an original Sunbeam Tiger, 56 Merc pickup, flattie powered 40 sedan.....

Attachments

• IMG_3785.JPG
    IMG_3785.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3787 (2).JPG
    IMG_3787 (2).JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3788.JPG
    IMG_3788.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3790.JPG
    IMG_3790.JPG
    176 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3791.JPG
    IMG_3791.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3795.JPG
    IMG_3795.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3796.JPG
    IMG_3796.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3798.JPG
    IMG_3798.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3805.JPG
    IMG_3805.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 28
This Fargo and the 40 pickup belong to my next door neighbor, a young guy in his 20's that thinks like an old soul. Both of these trucks were local orchard farm vehicles that he rescued and fixed up, nice flattie in the 40, he just burnt up the clutch in the 40 doing burnouts yesterday so he had to trailer it - the wrenching never stops :D
So great to see young guys into rods like this, fully understanding the history of this stuff - he's also into old tractors, has a 20 something Farmall steel wheel tractor that he put a 350 Chev into ..

Attachments

• IMG_3799.JPG
    IMG_3799.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3800.JPG
    IMG_3800.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3802.JPG
    IMG_3802.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 31
Love Tigers! A guy in the area I grew up in had one & used to terrorize the morons who didn't have a clue what it really was! [ddd

BoB

The second pic SnoPro posted of the 56 Clipper is almost what this 55 looked like before, he had a pic, even same colors, only crustier. It's not my taste in full customs (especially the porthole rear windows) but I appreciate the work that went into it. He stretched the headlight brows like the 56 senior Packards, chopped the top and suicided the rears, incorporating the door post into them so when the doors are open, it's a hardtop. Buick Skylark type front fender opening, extended quarters, connie kit, but one of the most kool features was the roof. Should have taken a closeup - I thought it was a faux woodgrain but the whole roof was actually covered in Mahogany veneer - never seen that done before, and glass smooth..

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3786.JPG
    IMG_3786.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 23
The second pic SnoPro posted of the 56 Clipper is almost what this 55 looked like before, he had a pic, even same colors, only crustier. It's not my taste in full customs (especially the porthole rear windows) but I appreciate the work that went into it. He stretched the headlight brows like the 56 senior Packards, chopped the top and suicided the rears, incorporating the door post into them so when the doors are open, it's a hardtop. Buick Skylark type front fender opening, extended quarters, connie kit, but one of the most kool features was the roof. Should have taken a closeup - I thought it was a faux woodgrain but the whole roof was actually covered in Mahogany veneer - never seen that done before, and glass smooth..

attachment.php

Yeah it's not my style but looks like it has a ton of custom work, thanks for the description.

Looks like there was some cool stuff there, "your" Packard looks like a standout in the crowd!

Latest posts

Back